Hi everyone!

• Hi everyone,
    I'm a graduate student trying to finally kick the weight that I gained in college. I'm going on an exciting trip to Hungary & Croatia in early May and I'd love to look my best.

My highest weight was about ~170, but I recently started losing weight at 165. I'm currently 161lbs, but my current goal is 155. I'm 5'5". I'd eventually like to get back to my college weight of 145, but I need to lose a bit more.

I recently saw a friend who really got into shape and she inspired me to stop being so comfortable with being overweight. I've started tracking my food and jogging three times a week.

I'm excited about being part of a fitness community!
  • You can do it! journaling is such a great tool. You'll meet your goals in no time eating right and exercising.
  • You've got one month to lose 10 pounds. Well that should be fairly achievable for you if your current program is healthy and you feel ok about it.

Good luck.
  • Quote: You've got one month to lose 10 pounds. Well that should be fairly achievable for you if your current program is healthy and you feel ok about it.

Good luck.
    I'm not necessarily looking to lose 10lbs in a month. I'm only looking to lose 6lbs over the next 7 weeks, which is a pretty reasonable goal in my opinion. I've been averaging about a pound a week with just tracking my food...and I just started running this week! I'm just so happy that I can run without being winded for twenty minutes.
  • Ah well that's even better. Being fit is great.

I am generally an advocate of losing it slowly.