Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/180/130

Height: 5ft 4in

Default Resuming weight loss after a long winter

Hi - I'm a new poster but not a new visitor. I feel the need to join in this place after having already reaped a few benefits

This time last year I weighed at least 250lbs, then went down to 180 by November - at which point I quit losing (on purpose) and went back to my bad habits. My current weight to the left over there is just a guess - I am going to have a reunion with my scale when I feel comfortable enough to not be too upset to see the truth - probably the end of this month. I think I'll have lost what I gained over the winter at that point and if not, well, I still feel pretty good about it.

This a new thing for me - I love being good to myself. It's a subtle but constant knowledge and comfort in my head to hold the image of me in a healthy body and living the healthy lifestyle to back it up (even though it's frustrating when my cells and hormones have minds of their own). Two years ago I lost my husband to heart disease and was on that track myself. It just wasn't me and it had to change.

So, thanks for being here!

Last edited by JulieFriday; 03-22-2014 at 12:48 PM.
JulieFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #2  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieFriday View Post
Hi - I'm a new poster but not a new visitor. I feel the need to join in this place after having already reaped a few benefits

This time last year I weighed at least 250lbs, then went down to 180 by November - at which point I quit losing (on purpose) and went back to my bad habits. My current weight to the left over there is just a guess - I am going to have a reunion with my scale when I feel comfortable enough to not be too upset to see the truth - probably the end of this month. I think I'll have lost what I gained over the winter at that point and if not, well, I still feel pretty good about it.

This a new thing for me - I love being good to myself. It's a subtle but constant knowledge and comfort in my head to I hold the image of me in a healthy body and living the healthy lifestyle to back it up (even though it's frustrating when my cells and hormones have minds of their own). Two years ago I lost my husband to heart disease and was on that track myself. It just wasn't me and it had to change.

So, thanks for being here!
First all I am so sorry for you loss. Welcome to 3FC, jump around there are lots of great threads here. We had such a cold (for the deep south) and wet winter that we did not get much exercise in. Hubby and I were going to walk this morning but guess what? It was raining again! So we shall try again Monday morning. Have a blessed day!
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #3  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Hi Julie! I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my father to heart disease, as well as an aunt. One of the big impetuses for my weight loss was preventative health, too. So, good for you! And, I love your attitude of being good to yourself. I need to absorb more of that mindset.

I, too, found it hard to maintain over the winter months. I had every intention of getting the couple of pounds I gained over Christmas off quickly in January, and it just didn't happen. I didn't go WAY out of control, but enough that I can feel the difference. Funny how 10 lbs gained is so noticeable, now, when 100+ lbs went ignored for so long! ha!

With spring, I'm renewing my commitment, too. And, it's working slowly, but surely! Glad to have you participating with us, now. Keep posting about your progress!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/180/130

Height: 5ft 4in

Thanks ladies

Truly, spring has lifted my mood a lot.
JulieFriday is offline   Reply With Quote