Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-19-2014, 06:41 AM   #16  
Obsessed

S/C/G: 265/230/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattience View Post
Learn about the concept of letting go and how to use it in every day life in all aspects of your life. You could start learning about this in a yoga class (yoga classes are all different. if you head down this path try a few different classes and do some research into different styles some may not suit at this stage). you can learn a lot about how to do letting go in yoga. You may start with how to do it in your body but then move on to how to do it in your mind. The buddhists are the best at it in my opinion. They use fewer idioms and can be more concrete in the way they teach but most yoga is not buddhist.

When people talk about letting go, ask them to explain it if you are not getting it. Ask them how to do it if you can't figure it out.

IN terms of the office situation you described. Just push all those comparing judging type thoughts away. Just say to yourself ok so i'm the biggest one here and it feels a bit uncomfortable but it is what it is and turn your attention to the sensations in your body. Your breath in particular. Take some slow deep breaths with your mind focused on the sensations of breathing. FEel the relaxation start to move through your body. Try to experience your body intensely. the tension turning inot relaxation. this will calm your heart rate, take your mind of your negativity, bring you in the present in a non-judgeing way. After you've taken a few breaths, feeling the sensations of the lungs expanding and contracting, Try to consciously relax each of your muscle groups. Just run your mind over each section of your body from head down or toes up and loosen the muscles as you go. When you've released the tension tied up with your negative thoughts, you determine on focusing no longer on yourself. Just focus on everyone else. Now that you are a bit more relaxed this will be easier.

No one will notice if you do this in a meeting. At worst someone may say something and you may miss it but as you said, you are not really paying attention to the meeting anyway.

But better still, prepare yourself for a group situation by doing this before you go in to any room, before you arrive at work, before you go into the bank, or supermarket or anywhere there are other people about, before arriving at home as well. Do it every time and gradually you will develop a habit of non-judgemental thinking and being and will start to learn how to relax.
I will definitely try this. Thank you!
CooCooCaChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:44 AM   #17  
Obsessed

S/C/G: 265/230/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareandUnknown931319 View Post
Well first all i have to say is great job! Losing 18lbs in only a month is amazing! That is really good. But don't weigh yourself in everyday, if you do, it will drive you nuts, and you'll just be setting yourself up for failure. Trust me, i know, i used to do it too. Also, you need to know that everyday our body weight flucuates between 1 to 2 pounds everyday, so just minus two pounds each time you want to weigh in. Also if you want to know your true weight, weigh yourself once a week, on the same day, at the same time, that way you know if you've lost or gained weight it helps relieve stress of constantly monitoring your weight and you'll feel less depressed if you didn't lose anything. Remember, it takes at least a month, for your body to start changing and for you to notice. So keep up the good work, and good luck!
I think I'm a bit obsessed with the scale. I have another thread though were people have given some really great advice about not obsessing ovr the scale and what that number is. I need to work on that! Thank you for giving me a timeframe. Today is my one month mark. I am going to try to stay off the scale for at least a week. Good luck to you as well!
CooCooCaChoo is offline   Reply With Quote