Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #1  

Default has anyone had any success on the fasting diet

Hi bought the book and looked at some videos but wanted some help to get going. Anyone out there had any luck with this one?
foreverhopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:19 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Hi, welcome!

I have had success by doing IF (intermittent fasting) if that is what you are referring to. However, it caused a lot of heartburn for me so I stopped doing it. One beneficial thing that came out of it was for me not to be afraid of hunger, that it is okay to ignore. My eating window was 8 hours but I do better with 12, personally.

Good luck with whatever fasting plan you decide to go with. There is a thread on here- Intermittent Fasting Support Thread.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:54 PM   #3  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I'm new to this forum. I have been doing the 5:2 or "Fast Diet" since August and found a lot of success with it and see it as something I can continue to do for the rest of my life, or at least a very, very long time. I've lost about 20 pounds on it so far. The loss is slow - an average of a pound a week, though a bit less for me. And I am totally okay with that.

It's also got some awesome health benefits, though like the above poster said there can be downsides! It's funny though, because my heartburn has gone away complete since I started this! I also used to have (undiagnosed) IBS, and that's basically gone, too.

I am in a facebook group for this diet but don't feel like there's much support there so I came here! If you have any question, feel free to send me a message (I am assuming there is a messaging function here?). I also think there's a support group on here for intermittent fasting.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:48 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Nonameslob- hi, yes there is a messaging function but unfortunately, it is not enabled until 20 days after signing up (and I think 20 posts?) to deter spammers and the like. So short of sharing your personal info on here, posting is the only way you guys can stay in contact for now.

^ As she has shown, it is different for everyone, my issues were more likely due to the amount of spicy food I was eating at a time (I LOVE spicy food!) so you may or may not get heartburn.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:45 AM   #5  

Default Also losing a pound a week on 5:2

I agree that the 5:2 fasting plan works if you are content losing 1 pound per week. It does take prep work to make sure you stay under the 500 calorie limit. We cut up veggies and eat salads. They take longer to eat and chew.
simalvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #6  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

I am going to be doing the "Full Fast" option with Optifast and have known people who did the program and had great success.
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote