Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-15-2014, 12:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/197/140

Height: 5' 4"

Question Never thought I'd be this heavy...

Hi everyone...

As my title says, I never thought I would be this heavy. I truly hardly recognize myself. I have been seeing a bariatric doctor and nutritionist for quite some time, but I think menopause has taken a toll and getting the weight off has been impossible. Work is very stressful, so you see I have a lot of things working against me.

None the less, I continue to try and do the things I should and I've been making some progress. At my last visit to my bariatric doctor, he prescribe Wellbutrin. I am amazed at how my food cravings are completely gone. This has given me hope. I came to this site to read what others have said about Wellbutrin and I've decided to stay a while and let all the great advice and ideas rub off a bit.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you... Ranch Girl .
Ranch Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Welcome. I don't take Wellbutrin. I'm glad it's helped your cravings and I hope you stick with it.

I haven't gone through menopause yet. I'm trying to hit my goal before I do. But I am losing. I have cut out anything that spikes my insulin response: No sugar, no grains, no starchy veg. It was pretty easy for me to do that once I started to think of bread as "meat holders" or "filler". I will eat a pretty great piece of bread when it presents itself but that's not very often. Same with sugar. I had an opportunity tonight to eat something I love that was real sugar and I didn't even want it. That is pretty cool.

I drink nothing but water and I have started strength training as I have never really done that before and I want to make it a habit.
Mad Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/197/140

Smile Stopping Sugar and Grains

You are very lucky that stopping sugar and grains was so easy for you! I see you are doing great on your weight loss...how fantastic!

Thanks for replying to me...

Ranch girl
Ranch Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:34 PM   #4  

The first time I saw my weight on the scale was just before I was going into surgery. I had avoided the scale at my doctor's office telling them I didn't want to get on it. Well...for surgery it's non-negotiable, they can't do anesthesia without knowing your weight. Let me tell you, thank GOD they knocked me out right after I saw the number blinking back at me.

Seeing a nutritionist and learning how to eat and lose weight have been priceless for me. It saved my life literally getting the weight off and getting my estrogen under control (I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer during the surgery I mentioned above and the estrogen in my fat cells was feeding the cancer...yuck...literally killing myself with my poor food choices). The medication I was taking to suppress the cancer was an appetite stimulant so most people gain weight taking it, I lost over 100lbs while taking it!

I'll be in menopause before the end of this year as I have to have a hysterectomy including my ovaries, tubes, etc. (I'm 38 so not really ready for it but...). Hopefully my nutritionist will be able to continue helping me get to goal and keep the pounds off.

I wish you lots of luck. I think you will love the support of this forum.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163.4/157/135

Height: 5'3

Hi Ranch Girl

I just wanted to say good luck, you seem to be doing awesome and that's amazing about Wellbutrin. I was on Celexa and I feel it may have increased my appetite but I can't be sure lol. I know how stressful work can be too...I get it. Hang in there!
LaurieXM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:11 PM   #6  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Just popped in to say Good luck and hang in there!
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:14 AM   #7  

Hair extensions and hairpieces really can help to improve the looking of people and help to change them a lot hair extensions and hairpieces if choosing the right type and right style of hair wigs for you, of course that you will look and become more and more attractive and also buy cheap hair wigs now is easy as you can just get the ideal style that you want online at online shops now. I have just buy me a curly wigs hairwigsall.com and it is perfect.

Last edited by BulahLerry; 02-24-2014 at 05:07 AM.
BulahLerry is offline   Reply With Quote