Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-02-2014, 12:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263.6/256/180

Height: 6 ft

Red face Hello, I'm a 24 and not going to diet

Hello everyone,

Not totally sure how I start this introduction, I'm currently trying to lose weight and get healthy. Which I guess is pretty obvious since I'm on here

My name is Sarah, I'll be 24 this month and I'm at that point were I'm just tired of not being happy with how I look and feel. I need to lose about 76 more pounds, or 20% body fact and hopefully about 15 inches or more from my hips. I'm not really dieting in the modern day since of the term. I'm just trying to eat better, not as many 'carbs' (bread and sugar) but that's not to say I won't eat them in moderation every so often.

I'm hoping that I can find motivation here to keep me going and on track as well as offer support.

Last edited by Benediction; 02-02-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Benediction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #2  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi Benediction,

I'm Amy, welcome!

Good for you for working on eating healthier, not dieting. I am tempted to diet but I know that it has been a yo-yo for me before so I don't want to put myself through that again. I am an emotional eater.

Take care and welcome!

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Welcome! You are on the right track! First off it's great that you're not looking at your lifestyle change as a diet. IMO diet sounds like we not only have a starting point but that there will be an end. Looking at this as a life long improvement in eating, exercising, and how you treat your body is definitely the way to go!

Secondly, each person has their own goals and objectives when it comes to eating. Figuring out what works for you is the main thing. There are so many variations of low carb and high protein I feel that everyone has to do their own thing. The main objective is really sitting down and thinking about what your goals are, what foods you enjoy eating, what you can eliminate or reduce, what you should add, etc. etc. I think you are wise to look at certain foods and realize you may need to reduce them but don't have to eliminate them. I consider myself a low carber but I'm willing to eat the occasional lower carb bread, small quantities of apples and other fruits not considered low carb, and yes when I NEED a piece of candy I eat a serving and don't beat myself up over it! LOL the main thing is taking control of your eating.

For most of us it's taken many years to get to our current weight, and it will take years to unlearn some bad habits and learn some brand new ones.

What a wonderful journey you have ahead of you! I wish at 24 I had taken control of my eating and lost weight, but for me it's better late than never!

Good luck to you! The forum here is wonderful! Full of nice people, great tips, and a lot of love!!!!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote