Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/140

Height: 6ft

Talking Over being overweight

Hi y'all!!

My name is Lisa and I have always been up and down in my weight, and it's always up in a relationship and down when I am single........soooooooooo short of getting a divorce, I have decided to focus on me and if hubby wants to get on the bandwagon then he is more than welcome to.

My most comfortable weight is 145......I am currently 200 so I have a ways to go and I have chosen to try Bistro Md as my choice for food. I just had my first 3 meals today and 2 snacks and it was okay, and I can do okay!!!!

I am fortunate enough to work from home which has it's pros and cons, my kids are grown and out of the house. I live out in the middle of nowhere so looking forward to spring and getting outdoors a bit more. My goal is to lose 8 lbs a month and to eat nothing but Bistro MD; I can see dropping the snacks and subbing fresh fruit instead for the ones in BMD. But we will see........I take vitamin supplements morning and night and make sure I get extra doses of magnesium !!!

I am 48 already hit menopause, have a hard time sleeping at night, I feel as though my entire body is falling apart and I am at a loss!!! Drs think you should just deal with it so the search continues for a doc that will help.

I joined to find support and be supportive to others struggling with weight issues!!!!
Tallchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:15 PM   #2  
keto on

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'4"

the best of luck to you. I'm also basically in the middle of nowhere, so as soon as it warms up in these mountains I look forward to going for hikes through the woods. I haven't heard of bistro Md, what types of food does it consist of?
divinechaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey Tallchick! Welcome to 3FC.
I see you're also from BFE Ohio. *waves*
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:25 AM   #4  
Don't Stop Believing!!!!

S/C/G: 222/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Well I have never heard of BMD, but I just went to the site. Does the food look any where near as good as it does on the site? I know you said it was "ok" but it looks great.
donijo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:20 PM   #5  
diamondgeog

I am also 48. When I started what I called the first day and up until this day and forever, lifestyle changes, I had no time goals. I think this helped immensely. No X amount this month or that month. The pressure goes away and you can focus on change goals not time goals.

I would also suggest considering eating in a way that you can for the rest of your life...as you tweek and get over transition period. Is this food you are going to have next year, and the year after, and at maintenance?

I didn't change my food habits all at once. I did go cold turkey on bread, pasta, and snacks which helped immensely after a few days bad transition period. Then I have continued to develop good eating habits, learned more recipes. But they are sustainable habits. Things I can do on my own forever really.

I am shocked by how fast the weight has come off. 218 this morning on the scale. I was hoping for maybe 50 lbs in a year. Ok that is a time goal, but it was very loose.

Focus on eating better, moving more and then weight loss will be a side effect of those healthy habits. If time goals work for you, awesome. For me as long as my habits are getting better and better the weight will come off when it comes off.

Last edited by diamondgeog; 01-31-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:11 PM   #6  

Default Yummy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donijo23 View Post

Well I have never heard of BMD, but I just went to the site. Does the food look any where near as good as it does on the site? I know you said it was "ok" but it looks great.
I must say that day 2 of Bistro MD was amazing except for the snacks.
Breakfast : tropical oatmeal with chicken sausage.....yum
Lunch: Carolina BBQ pork with baked beans and roasted corn- yummmmm
Dinner- beef tips in red wine sauce and mixed veggies- very very tender and yum.

Excellent portions, very fresh tasting, not hungry at all today and tossed the snacks after tasting them.....I like that I can customize my menu based nowhere at I don't like!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 07:13 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by penmage View Post
Hey Tallchick! Welcome to 3FC.
I see you're also from BFE Ohio. *waves*
Hello fellow Ohioan!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2014, 10:34 PM   #8  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Welcome 2 The Forum, You came to the right place for the best support on the net, at least thats what I personally think
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote