Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-18-2014, 02:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/193/130

Default Hello Everyone!!

Hi everyone!!

Just a little intro on myself to get started. My weight has ALWAYS been a struggle for me. Mostly I didn't care and pretty much was a happy person. I have a good job and I really enjoyed my life. I traveled, played sports, went on dates , and enjoyed food! I will admit, I knew I was putting on weight but I just avoided mirrors and scales. Then it happened.....

A few years back I was playing a softball game. I felt funny. I knew something was wrong but I figured it was just my asthma and the hot day. When the next batter hit the ball, I took off to run and BOMB, hit the ground. I couldn't feel my body. I just laid there. After a nice long hospital stay, come to find out I had a stroke!! I was 30!!!! My doctor told me that I needed to change my diet. I ignored him!

Two years later, I thought everything was fine. Then it happened again. I had another stroke. My doctor said that if I didn't change my ways then these mini strokes will kill me before 40. I woke up!

I lost 70lbs and was proud of myself. I actually went clothes shopping and enjoyed it!

Now it's three years after the last stroke and I'm starting to put on weight. I started working from home and let me tell you, it's not easy. That walk you take to the car, to the office, to the bathroom, to your seat everyday in an office.....yep I don't get that. I go from the bedroom, to the office and the bathroom is right next door! The evil lbs are back! Doesn't help either that I have the love of my life working in the restaurant business and he loves to bring home all types of goodies.

I'm hoping that joining, I can learn from all of you!!! Thanks for reading and I wish you all the best of luck!!
ABL41211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:21 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome ABL! It sounds like you have all the reasons in the world to make your overall health a big priority in your life. You've done it in the past, you can do it again.

I'd suggest you take a look at what happened after you lost 70lbs last time and start planning now for how you can avoid bouncing back up again.(I say that because I've been a major yo-yo-er and I have had to do the same thing!) Pick a style of eating you can live with long-term and start getting settled in. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 01-18-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 25/21.6/0

Height: 5'8"

Sounds like you've been through a lot, but you seem like you have a strong spirit and there's no stopping you from your goals! Welcome!
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/193/130

Thanks everyone for your kind words!!
ABL41211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:08 PM   #5  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Welcome 2 The Forum, I have a friend that has had 3 stokes before so I know they are very scary
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote