Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-16-2014, 12:47 AM   #1  

Post Greetings

Hello Cyberland!
My name is Thea, and while I used to have an addiction to forums, it's been a while... so I'm not really sure where to start. I guess the "oh my god I’m 30 and hate my life" melt down is as good a place as any.

Last week I was sitting at work at two in the morning and fell into the spiral of despair... the I hate my job, my body, my life in general spiral... and while it took a few hours (and a very supportive friend texting me well past their bedtime) I climbed out of said spiral and decided it's time to do something about it. So after some waffling, and sighing and groaning, I discovered the perfect major for me (paralegal) and got myself reenrolled in school. As long as all goes to plan, I'll be starting class next week.

The other big decision I made was about my weight. It's something I've struggled with my whole life, and while I accept that I am "big boned" and will never be "skinny"... I'm just shooting for healthy. Over the past few weeks I had slowly been working my way back into a better diet... cutting out sugars, limiting carbs, ect... but yesterday at the doctor’s office I stepped on the scale and nearly cried.

A few years ago I had gone on a massive gym/diet spree with a friend before a trip and had dropped 30lbs. Over the years the pounds have snuck their way back into my jeans, but seeing that not only had all that hard work disappeared completely (plus an extra 10lbs) broke my heart.

Five months ago I quit smoking, and yes, I expected to put on a few extra pounds from that, but this is ridiculous and I'm done with it. As of tomorrow morning (well, this morning technically I guess) I am back to the gym, the healthier eating style will remain and improve as I go.

This is my promise to myself.

I have joined this forum hoping it will provide me with the support and accountability needed to keep this up long term. So thank you in advance to everyone here.

Talk to you all soon!
Thea

Moondanser83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Thea! BACK! Wow, you have made some REALLY positive changes in your life recently! Good for you! You can do this! Everyone here will be very supportive, so browse around and jump right in! Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 01-16-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #3  
etta

S/C/G: 185/178/150

Height: 5 foot 9

Hi Thea
Good luck with everything. you are already in a good position because you are focusing on healthy lifestyle changes instead of just a number on a scale.
ettaheynow is offline   Reply With Quote