Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-15-2014, 08:51 PM   #1  

Default Hello Everyone

Hello. My name is Cassondra, but you can call me Sondra, and i'm 31 yrs old. I've been morbidly obese literally my whole life though in the past I was happy with who I was but but now it's got so out of control that it sometimes feel like a losing battle and the weight is winning. About 4 yrs ago I started to diet still eating the things I loved but less of it and exercised more it was going great within a week my pants were a bit looser and was able to stand/walk around longer then normal. But about a month after that I had to be rushed to the hospital turns out I had pulmonary embolism, blood clot in my lungs, that ended up damaging my lungs. Ever since I have been blaming my lungs for not continuing but in all honesty I really couldn't doctors told me to stay off my feet until they were 100% certain it was ok to move. By the time they did I was lazy it didn't matter any more. So the weight I lost I gained plus a lot more. Now, I don't want to say how much I weigh mainly because have no idea but I know it's way over 400+.

I found this site not really sure how but i'm taking it as a sign. My goal is to be able to go to Disney World again haven't been there since I was 21 and I miss it]. I grew up with Disney my happiest moments are there and really want to revisit them.

Very sorry for my rambling. Kind of nervous and scared about this which can be a good thing either way.

-- Sondra --
Sondra312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/197/150

Welcome Sondra. This website has many discussion pages and groups that you can join and find the support that you need. You are not alone. Welcome.
3LMCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Sondra! You'll get lots of support here! People are so nice, helpful, and encouraging. We even have a "300+ Club" Support Group here and I know they would be happy to have you join them! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/. There is nothing to fear. We all know what it's like to struggle with weight and weight loss here. The good news about your situation is that you don't have to exercise to lose weight. Exercise is fantastic for fitness, but weight loss is controlled by what you eat and don't eat. You can do this! Just take it one step at a time. Set some mini-goals and start doing this for yourself! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:33 PM   #4  
Food and Wine Lover

S/C/G: Goal Weight: 125

Height: 5'3"

Good luck Sondra, making small goals that are achievable keeps us motivated, you can definitely change things around!
Chardonnay is offline   Reply With Quote