Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #1  
fluffy

S/C/G: 204/201/174

Height: 5'6''

Default Chocolate is my kryptonite!

Hello!

Let me tell you a little about myself. I’m just finishing up my master’s thesis; I work in a few different jobs and I’m in a loving relationship. I’m generally happy, except that I developed some bad nutrition habits and addictive behaviour with food containing sugar, mostly chocolate. I would often eat it until I felt really sick and I’d be anxious as **** when I couldn’t get to it when I wanted.

I never felt skinny, but I always lead a pretty healthy way of life and wore a size 6 or 8 until I moved away from my parents. Some time passed I guess I lost control somewhere, because two years ago the scale showed 200 pounds (90kg). It was a miserable day. Afterwards I pulled myself together and lost 22 pounds (10kg) and I felt much better about myself. I managed to maintain it until this winter - holidays didn’t do me any good.

A few days ago I found myself going to the store trying to buy a full cart of chocolates and nothing else, knowing that I will eat them all at once and I thought to myself that I need help.

So here I am on my second day of diet. I’m going cold turkey from sugar, count calories and do cardio workout at least two times a week. I thought that the forum will help me stay on the right path and make my plan more official. This time I intend to lose 42 pounds and keep it down as long as possible!

P.S.: Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language.
Velvet bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/247/140

Height: 5' 6"

I also love chocolate. My favourite combo is chocolate and chips! So, like you, I am trying to avoid chocolate. Good luck to you in your quest. By the way, your English is fabulous! :-)

Last edited by slmon; 01-11-2014 at 04:58 PM.
slmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Velvet_bean! Ah yes, that sweet ambrosia, chocolate! It's my weak spot too. Luckily, I'm on a diet that has a built-in cheat day once a week, so I can have it all I want on that day. Once you get yourself weaned off it, if you aren't inclined to binge, maybe you can figure a little chocolate treat now and then into your calorie counting. I think you will stay with your weight loss plan long-term if you allow yourself to have the things you love every once in a while. Anyway, I wish you the best! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #4  
fluffy

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm doing OK, I lost 2 pounds already and more importantly, yesterday I stopped myself after eating only one little piece of chocolate.

sImon, I'm not that much into chocolate and chips together, but it reminds me of birthday parties in my childhood, when we combined all the junk foods together! What kind of diet are you on?

Jacqui_D, thanks for the suggestion – that's the main reason I choose calorie counting! If I had to give up my favourite food completely and forever, I'd go in my bed and cry for a day. I also found out that the dark one is not that much of a trigger for me. What's your favourite chocolate?
Old 01-14-2014, 12:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Velvet, I have a weakness for mint chocolate. Oh my! Congrats on being 2 lbs down! And great job stopping with one small piece of chocolate. You got this!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 219 / 187 / 160

Height: 5'3"

Hi velvet bean I am Vanilla Bean! Lol lol small world!
I am a newbie as well! You can do it!!!!!! I know the 200lb feeling. After my pregnancy I was stuck at 219 it was horrible I am now 187 and can't wait to lose more!!! I also love chocolate!!!! Mmmm
ThaVanillaBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:38 AM   #7  
fluffy

Hello Vanilla Bean, good luck to you too!

I guess there is a lot of chocolate lovers here!
Old 10-12-2014, 04:17 PM   #8  
fluffy

So … summer came and I gained 5kg (11lbs) in a 4 month break from dieting. It could have been worse thinking how little I exercised and how much candy I showed in my face. What matters is that I'm back and I'm admitting my little failure to you, my internet friends. I will try to last longer this time.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:17 PM   #9  
Food and Wine Lover

S/C/G: Goal Weight: 125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet bean View Post
So … summer came and I gained 5kg (11lbs) in a 4 month break from dieting. It could have been worse thinking how little I exercised and how much candy I showed in my face. What matters is that I'm back and I'm admitting my little failure to you, my internet friends. I will try to last longer this time.
I came back this month after about 8-9 months, as a re-gainer. It happens to the best of us, what's important is getting back on your feet.

With regards to your original post, I was a chocolate fiend too. What actually turned me off chocolate quite a bit was buying the highest percentage of dark chocolate I could find, it's so bitter I could only eat one or two squares without making myself sick. After a few months of only eating that stuff, I don't even crave chocolate anymore. Now's the time too, with all those boxes of 95 mini chocolate bars all over the stores, but I have no desire for them. My weakness is wine though, same as you wrote above, I get anxious if I don't have my one glass each night. Which over the years went from a bottle to one glass, that was difficult, but it takes time, patience, will power and acceptance to break a habit!
Chardonnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:05 AM   #10  
fluffy

I tried your trick, Chardonnay, but I just don't like very dark chocolate, so I used the 60% one with some - but not full success.

A little more than a year after my first login on 3FC I am back at the beginning. A few days ago the scale showed my starting weight from a year ago - 204 pounds (92.7kg).

I lost the weight before, so I guess I can do it again ... but this is the second time that I lost and gained the same 20 pounds.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:37 PM   #11  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Welcome, I love Chocolate too
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote