Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-06-2014, 08:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 246/197/150

Height: 5 ft 1inch

Default New member looking for support

Hello,
I am a new member and am looking for support. I have lost 47 pounds since may and am looking at another 50. I was doing great until Christmas. I had been off of sugar until then and lost all cravings for it. Now I have to start all over. I do well all day but once the evening arrives.....................Ugh.
Any suggestions.
elvajoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:54 AM   #2  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, elvajoyce!

My best tricks for evening eating are kind of the opposite of each other, but both have worked at different times:

1. Plan an evening snack that fits into my day of eating and enjoy it, mentally closing the kitchen as soon as it's prepared.

2. Eat nothing after supper, but fix myself a flavorful cup of herbal tea. Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea works particularly well for me this time of year. It tastes like a wintery dessert, but no sugar or calories.

Welcome to 3FC! This is a great place for support, encouragement, and suggestions!
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi elvajoyce! I know what you are talking about. I have a cheat day every week with no problem, and yet I splurged on Christmas Day desserts so much that for the next day and a half I had a terrible time with cravings! I hate to say it, but the thing that got them under control for me was Diet Dr. Pepper. I was trying to cut back on DDP at the time, but I was desiring sugar so badly and it's such a sweet-tasting diet soda that I drank it to curb those cravings and it worked. I don't know if it would work for you and I certainly cannot recommend it because I don't think it's healthy, but maybe something else, something low-calorie or low-carb would work, maybe like green tea? If not, then it's just going to take pure willpower and determination to push through those cravings. And you can do it! You've lost so much weight and you deserve to keep going to meet your goal! Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 01-06-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote