Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-05-2014, 04:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/205/150

Height: 5'0

Smile Hiya, I'm new (My Story)!

Hi!! I have been a member on the site for over a year, but have gotten different computers and always forget the URL (sorry!) so I don't think I've ever actually posted. A little about me, I am 29 and live in Ohio, USA. My health is very good, meaning I don't have any health issues (just had a bunch of tests completed in December 2013). I have a physical injury from about 5 years ago, I sprained my ankle, so bad that the doctor said if I would've twisted it just slightly more, it would've been broken. It never healed properly, so now every so often when I walk longer than 20-30 minutes at a time it starts to hurt, really, really bad. Other than that and my weight, I am fine though. I'm not worried about my ankle since it's not an all the time thing and the doctor isn't worried about it.

My problem is my weight. I am short (5' even) and weigh about 210 lbs or so. It's all in the middle section. I've always had a hard time losing weight (which is why I had all the tests completed), and when I do finally lose weight I'll gain it all back, if not more, within a few weeks of losing it. It's all so discouraging. I guess I'm lucky because I normally stay the same weight for years (I was about 160-165) for 6 years. I then gained 20 lbs after I graduated and stayed that weight for another 5 years. My weight is the highest it's ever been.

My doctor said he'd like to see me back under 200 lbs when I visit him again in May of this year. He said I don't have too but he thinks it may help the ankle issue as well. I'd like too as we were talking about my weight problems in November and discussing WW and other plans. He said if I don't lose the weight, it's not a big deal though.

I work-out using the Wii and exercise/walking dvds and videos I find on youtube. So, I'm active 2-4 days a week for at least an hour a day (outside of my daily just walking around). It depends on how I am feeling emotionally that day. I recently made my first purchase from QVC, a tablet called 'Meratrim'. I purchased it because it was featured in Obesity magazines and a couple other medical journals. I hope this helps me and that I'd only need it for a month, maybe two before I can stop taking it. It is supposed to help you lose inches and lbs. I liked it because it's not a 'quick fix/miracle pill'. You add it in addition to your other activities.

I'm sorry this is so long!!!
ValerieAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi ValerieAnne! I'm glad to hear that your medical tests have all come back with great results! However, the added weight does have to be really hard on that ankle. You said that you gain weight around the middle and that sounds to me like you may need to cut back on carbs, which tend to cause weight to deposit there. Do you crave breads/grains, pasta, potatoes, and sweets? If so, those are the things you'll want to cut back on. You don't have to cut them out completely but cutting back quite a bit will help tremendously. Going whole grain (the label has to say "whole") when it comes to breads and pasta may also help. I wish you the best! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/205/150

Height: 5'0

Hi and thank you so much! Sorry it has taken me so long to reply too you. Yes, I do crave those things, but I don't normally eat a lot of it. Mostly because I know that if I had it around a lot, I'd eat it when a craving struck, so I tend to not have a lot around LOL!! I do love bread (I mostly eat whole wheat white bread) and anything pasta. I'm pretty good with sweets though, even with those around (ie snack cakes, chocolate, etc) depending on the type of sweet I can easily go without eating any and choose a healthier option. The last couple of months, even with my favorite chocolates/snacks if there is more than one in a pack (Almond Joy, Swiss Roll, etc) I will eat only one piece of out it at a time. It may be days before I have the other piece, if I get it at all as others live in my house lol.

Oh, and I just noticed you are located in Ohio as well! That's cool!

Last edited by ValerieAnne; 01-16-2014 at 12:53 PM.
ValerieAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/225/170

Height: 5"9

I do alot of the same exercises (I have sciatica pain which also can make walking difficult) so I feel your pain. Every day it gets a little easier though. Eating wise I'm a carb freak too! But I also love my sugar. Luckily with Skinny cow and vitatops I've been keeping the cravings in check! It sounds like you're doing really well so far!
Mekare13 is offline   Reply With Quote