Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-16-2013, 02:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/201/145

Height: 5'6

Default Hello from Canada!

Hello!

I joined this site for motivation and accountability.

I am a 31 year old mother of two wonderful little kids. I am 5'6 and weigh 200 pounds give or take a couple. My goal weight is 145 pounds.

I will be using my elliptical (that has been a dust collector for the last year) and I will also be doing Jillian Michaels kettlebell videos. I don't plan to completely change my diet, but I will definitely cut out the bad junk and add more healthy stuff. I recently purchased a Polar heart rate monitor watch. I find that being able to see how many calories I am burning helps me push myself. I'm not sure how accurate it is but hey, it helps!

I look forward to this journey to a new me and I look forward to meeting new people here!
kacie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:09 AM   #2  
living in the moment

S/C/G: 100kg/81.2kg/58kg

Height: 158cm

Wink

hi kacie!
i am fairly new here too. i've been posting on about 6 forums now for 2 weeks.

i hope you can lose some weight. i hope i can too.

i believe that diet is more important than exercise when losing weight so we'll see how you do. i hope you do well, of course but i think you will need to look at your diet, especially carbohydrates, simple as well as complex.

good luck, tell me how your elliptical thingy works. i have a dreadmill and dumbells and a resistance band thingy. i try to use them daily but stuff gets in the way sometimes.

my diet is vital. i can lose weight without exercising at all. i do it (exercise) for the toning, really. and i believe the cardio is good for all kinds of reasons.

saraphin
saraphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #3  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, kacie8! This is a great place for motivation and accountability. You might like joining one of the challenge threads for exercise -- it's a fun way to track yourself. Here's the one I'm in (you're welcome to join now, even though it's mid-month) : http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge.html
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Kacie! I agree with Saraphin that diet affects weight loss more than exercise does, but of course exercise is very important for overall health and fitness! You said you are not changing your diet completely, and that's fine, you don't need to. Cutting out "the bad junk" and adding "more healthy stuff" is ideal! Now just limit your portion sizes and you're set! I wish you the best of luck! You can do this!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 12-17-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #5  
living in the moment

that's it jacqui d. we are overweight because of over-eating. too much of the wrong things. sounds simple but it's hard to control because it's physiological, situational, social and emotional!
all the best, friends.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Welcome from another Canadian. (I'm in Toronto.) I joined 3FC AFTER losing 50 pounds, and I give at least partial credit to the group for the fact that I've maintained the loss for 2+ years.

You don't need to overhaul your diet to lose weight. I certainly didn't, and I'm almost 57. "Eat less, move more" works just fine.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/201/145

Height: 5'6

Hey all! Thanks for your replies. I guess I should have elaborated more on my diet. My weaknesses were pop and candy/junk food or grabbing some fast food now and then. I have completely cut that stuff out and have been staying healthy. So far I have found that this site is keeping me motivated because I'm always checking it and have joined a few challenges. Wish I would have done this long ago!
kacie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:58 AM   #8  

I am here from London but I mostly going on visiting different places. I get chance to visit in Canada, Australia, Asia, Paris, Iran and many other famous countries. Recently I have visit in china with my team.In china we enjoyed many different types of food items. We are staying in resort. In this resort we enjoy our rest time in comfortable rooms and also enjoy the delicious food in inside the hotel. I try number of recipes after come to my home and now I am decide to share which one of long list. This is really easy and healthy recipe. I hope Kacie8 if you try it then you must enjoy your delicious dish and you see in short days you health is recovered.

Ingredients:
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1/2 cup light cream cheese
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella, divided
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon chopped scallions
1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine the artichokes, mayonnaise, cream cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan, 3/4 cup mozzarella, garlic salt, pepper, scallions, and parsley in a bowl; transfer to baking dish.
2. Top with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella; bake 20–30 minutes or until golden and bubbling.

Last edited by kethy; 12-21-2013 at 01:59 AM.
kethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:00 AM   #9  
living in the moment

kethy, hi. that recipe looks very yummy but so much cheese! i'm going to try it though.

saraphin
Old 12-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #10  
living in the moment

i'll 'chat' again after xmas, my friends. see you then, happy days!
bfn
saraphin xxx