Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/155/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Back on the weight loss roller coaster

I joined the forum in Nov but have been reading since Aug. It took me 6 months on WW to lose 12 lbs and 1 month to gain it all back. Now I have to start all over again and I'm quite disappointed in myself.

I am in the beginning of SBD. My main problem is I don't cook and my husband likes to cook with sauces, etc which I'm not to eat. Also we have a couple of drinks after work everyday and have been doing so for 15 years and so that's hard to change, but I'm working on it.

I'm also very klutsy and so thanks to cracking my foot falling on the stairs I can't exercise for awhile .... again.

I'm trying to change my life and get back to a healthy lifestyle. It's going to take time but I have promised myself I will do this.

I am so inspired by the support that people on this site offer. Good luck to everyone and thanks for your posts. They are helping me more than you can know.
wantochange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/See Ticker/145

Oh, I have hope for you! You sound like you're really ready. I had some changes in my blood work and liver that really got my attention (rapidly showing some pre-diabetic tendencies). So, the slip-up is past, and you're ready to roll. My weight loss was very slow and steady, with even a few flat months. I felt the key for me, was getting to a point where I was losing weight even very slowly, but not having food cravings that would undermine me. Best wishes to you!
delmarva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi wanttochange! South Beach Diet is supposed to be a great diet so hopefully you'll have lots of success on it! Maybe your hubby will accept the challenge of putting his cooking skills to the test to create wonderful dishes that are acceptable to the SBD. I wish you the best! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 157/155/140

Thanks for the response. I've been prediabetic for about 5 years now and my numbers keep slowly going up and I really don't want to be taking drugs. It runs in the family and my dad uses the GIndex. He calls it his 'eat this and die list'. I wish I had his dedication.

I have my next text at the end of January and I want there to be a measurable difference. So I need to buckle down and work hard. It sucks that it's so easy to put the weight on but so darn hard to take it off. Stupid bodies!!!

My husband has changed his cooking a bit but he still doesn't really understand, but I love him for trying. He doesn't like veggies so getting him to be creative with them is hard. I've been trying to make salads everyday but it doesn't always work. I was a vegetarian for 9 years and had to stop because I became anemic and so I have to eat red meat at least every three days or I get really lethargic. So that doesn't help.

Thank you for the nice words. I'm going to do it this time. Come **** or high water ....
wantochange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #5  
Food Wrangler

S/C/G: 160/155/140

Height: 5'5''

You can do it!! ^^ We all believe in you!!
Welcome back!! (:
Kizzy is offline   Reply With Quote