I'm new here!

• I'm new here, and new to forums in general . . . so I'm looking for some friends, some support, and a little bit of guidance on how this stuff works.

The last year has been exciting and joyous (yay for getting married!!) but also stressful (boo to not living in the same place as my s.o.). The stress has lead to depression and weight gain (about 20 pounds). I'm getting the depression under control with medication and meditation, and I'm looking to get my weight down before I gain any more.

I'm pretty active--I do hot yoga three times a week, run a few miles a week, and hike on the weekends (yay Utah!!). I would go crazy without being active and getting sunshine. I'd love to do challenges with y'all.

I'm all about being healthy and loving my body no matter my size. I just want to be healthy and feel good about myself.

Anything else I should share?

This guy is cute:

Thanks for reading,

Andrea
  • Hi Andrea! This is a great place for support and encouragement! Everyone wants the best for you! As you browse around, be sure to check out the "Chicks Up for a Challenge" sub-forum under Support Groups, as well as the Fitness forum. Good luck! You can do this! (And the dancing carrot is cute, lol! )
  • Hello! I have been thinking about signing up for hot yoga. I am still pretty intimidated to be seen by others (bet you cannot tell I am insecure lol). I just joined a few days ago and I think the challenges that I have read seem fun!
  • Quote: Hello! I have been thinking about signing up for hot yoga. I am still pretty intimidated to be seen by others (bet you cannot tell I am insecure lol). I just joined a few days ago and I think the challenges that I have read seem fun!
    Just do it. Seriously. Here's my unsolicited advice for a newbie:

Give yourself the time and modifications it takes to feel good (and not overdo it). Take a big bottle of water and a towel or two (I use a towel on my mat and a small hand towel). Take breaks in child's pose or another comfy pose when you need to get back to your breathing. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks (even the teacher). It's your mat and you get to think about you, and no one else.

Maybe we should do a yoga challenge