3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Hello hello! New here! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/290313-hello-hello-new-here.html)

CincyShell 12-04-2013 07:28 AM

Hello hello! New here!

Good morning! My name's Michelle, and I live in Cincinnati, Ohio with my wonderful husband and two kiddos (boy-almost 9, girl-almost 2). I've always had trouble with my weight, but I really need to get it to a healthy point so I can be a good role model to my children and my preschool kiddos. My husband lots a lot of weight about two years ago by going down to eating once a day, which I can't do because I'd become the grumpiest person alive (plus, I don't think it would be healthy for me). My family is supportive for the most part, but tend to say stupid things that make me feel bad about what I'm doing (example--hubby and son were laughing one day when I was on the Wii because the tv was shaking a bit as I did the game....I will not do any type of workout with them in the room now because I'm embarrassed). We've joined the Y, but I have to make sure all the stars align to get there while their childwatch is open and my daughter is in a good mood. That's pretty much a little about me. I'm looking forward to having some friends and motivation to keep me going!

Jacqui_D 12-04-2013 08:47 AM

Hi Michelle from Cincy! I'm Jacqui from close to Columbus! :welcome: You'll find lots of support here! The best thing to do is get involved and post! The more involved you are, the more motivated and accountable you'll stay. Some forums are more active than others but as you browse around, I'm sure you'll figure it out. The December Weight Loss and Exercise Challenge threads just started up in the sub-forum "Chicks Up for a Challenge" under Support Groups. They are great for encouragement! There are lots of other good challenges there too. Good luck! You can do this!

Mrs Snark 12-04-2013 12:37 PM

Welcome Michelle, from another Michelle. :) Glad you've joined the site, you'll find lots of great people and support here!

I'm sorry your family hurt your feelings, but try not to let others get to you. Any kind of working out is great, don't avoid it just because someone doesn't "get it" or acts silly. Think of it as building mental fortitude at the same time as building your physical prowess! Plus, it is good role modeling to be working out, no matter the challenges!

I look forward to seeing you around the forums!

CincyShell 12-04-2013 07:02 PM

Thanks Jacqui and Michelle for the welcome! I'm looking forward to meeting lots of people on here. I'm trying not to let my family get to me, and I did get back on the Wii this afternoon with my son in the room, so we'll see how things go. I just need to build up my self-confidence I think. It's funny--I can run around with my preschoolers (we were doing that today--they love chasing me and my aide).

UKBBFatFan 12-07-2013 05:01 PM

Hello Michelle,

I am also from Cincy and am starting my weight loss journey. I have gained over forty pounds over the last two years. I recently joined a gym but was so out of shape, I left embarrassed after forty minutes. I have decided to give myself a kick start and went to a weight loss doctor today for a prescription for weight loss.

Good luck in your journey to become healthy.