Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #1  
Fearless

S/C/G: 186/154.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Time to take my figure back!

Hi there! I'm Kerandria. I'm twenty-eight, 5'5" and 154.5 lbs atm. It's a pleasure to have found a forum that is about peer support and self-care rather than endless thinspo memes intersperced with weightloss supplement ads.

I come from a family where obesity, diabetes, and early heart attacks are common, and I want to be able to care for my body enough that I can really enjoy this precious life I've been given. As a woman, it's really hard to work for health while trying not to internalise messages about my body's worth from society..

I shed a lot of fat last year and wound putting twenty lbs back on between finals week and the start of autumn term..I've been apathetic about it this term d/t just not having the mental energy to tackle it (or even think about it). I'm tired of the yo-yo. I want to be strong and keep my shape consistent. I can do this. I will do it better with support.

I work and go to school full-time, I'm engaged and have three furbabies of the feline variety.

I'm excited to engage with such a vibrant, active community!
Kerandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hello fearless Kerandria!

I shed a lot of fat last year as well and then put back on some of it. I could feel bad about it, but then decided that what's the point :-) I reflected a bit on why I put it back on and what drove me to eat more than what was required and since I think I found my answer (or at least in the ballpark) I then just decided that the next time I'm starting to feel like I need to eat too much, I'll gently remind myself that it's not an actual need and there are other ways to deal with what ever is going on. Food doesn't solve issues that aren't related to nutrition. (That's more a reminder for myself, I'm not preaching at you :-))

It is my opinion that the messages that are being thrown around in the Western society is simply based on the fact that most people are insecure. If you can slowly and surely work on yourself and build confidence that's based on reality and not some illusion, you'll be so much ahead of others. Illusions can shatter easily, but to know that you are doing the best you can with what you've got and you treat yourself with kindness, then nobody can take that away from you, and that is the type of strength and confidence that others admire as well.

So don't take on other people's insecurities. It's their problem, not yours. You've got better things to do with your precious life :-)

I'm cheering for you!
SparklyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Kerandria! This is a great community and you'll find lots of support here! I'm glad you want to take control of your weight for your good health. That's the most important thing! So now just browse around and jump right in! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote