Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/218/147

Height: 5'7"

Smile Once more into the fray

Hello!

I'm here because I had a startling realization today that I lack self-discipline, totally and completely. In maintaining a healthy eating pattern, in work and personal related endeavors, in everything. So I'm here today to start to take control of at least one aspect of my life and hope that the morale boost from it will pave the way for the rest.

When I was 16, I weighed 250lbs. I blame my own ignorance of nutrition. When I was 19, I had dropped to 153 by eating 800 calories a day, not something I want to repeat. Now at 23, I'm back up to 218. There are a lot of things that I could place the blame on for this, but it all comes down to my choices and my 'I'll start tomorrow' mentally. I need to break myself of this, and I hope that posting it here on a public website will help me hold myself a little bit more accountable.

So please wish me luck, and it's a great pleasure to meet you all. And if I ever show up with a 'it's too haaaaard wahh' whining spree, please yell at me and tell me I'm being a ding dong. Thank you.
Emree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #2  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, Emree!

Self-discipline has never been that helpful of a concept for me. Determination works better. And, best, is putting the structures in place that makes it easy for me to make better choices. It's a challenge to eat well in our current environment, but a lot of us here are managing to do it most days. It's a great place for support, ideas, tips, tricks, and techniques. And, the perfect place for an occasional whining spree.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi emree! Believe me, if it weren't for the monthly exercise challenge thread under "Chicks Up for a Challenge" in the Support Groups here, I'd never exercise, so I understand! Hopefully coming here will help you with your personal accountability. There are lots of nice people at 3FC who will help you along the way! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote