Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/223/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Hi, introducing myself

I've been here for 2 weeks, but I should probably introduce myself here!

My name is Emily, I live in Connecticut, and I've been "dieting" since I was...nine. I was always slightly chubby in high school, but I really ballooned up during college. I've tried a lot of diets that were way too extreme and intense, and I always ended up falling off the wagon after losing 10 pounds or so, so I've spent a few years yo-yo-ing with the same 10 pounds. It's been very frustrating!!!

Last July, I just decided to eat healthily and not worry too much about how quickly I was losing weight, and I've lost more than 30 pounds! I'm really proud of myself but now that the weather is getting colder, I can feel like my resolve is starting to falter, so I decided to join this forum for encouragement.

I'm a big time rollercoaster enthusiast, and my ultimate weight loss goal is to be able to fit on Millenium Force at Cedar Point with no problem. I wasn't able to fit on that rollercoaster last summer. It'll be a dream come true if I can fit by next summer!

Hello!
emilym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/284.0/185

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Emily.

Congrats on the weight loss so far! I hear you on it being tough with the colder weather. I'm in Massachusetts and it's so cold and I just want warm yummy comfort foods. A lot of them.
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Emily! Congrats on the weight you've lost so far! That's a real accomplishment! I know it's harder to stick to a diet during the winter months, but think about how fast time flies, because it is going to be summer again before you know it! Shorts, camisoles, swimsuits, rollercoasters! Whenever you think of going off plan, just think about that! Winter is going to pass. Don't you want to weigh less when the sun comes out again?! You can do this! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! Eating healthy has really made a difference for me, too!

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/155/120

Height: 5'3

Hi all, this is day one for me so I am still learning where to find the support that will keep me on track. This is my 3rd weight loss effort and I want it to be my LAST one. You all seem so supportive and successful that I hope you keep me inspired to stay the course. I am doing the MRC plan and today is day one! I know it works for me but the Thanksgiving holiday plus family visiting will be harder but not impossible. I may not drop quickly this week, but I will try. I need to exercise more but the cold weather makes me want to hibernate and my desk job is not helping either. So those are my excuses and history that I have unloaded. Now I am ready to move forward with you all!!!
Dieting again is offline   Reply With Quote