Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/235/170

Height: 5'0

Talking Hey there, New!

Hi everyone. Thanks for letting me join this group
My name is Kimmy. I'm 31 years old and a single mom to one little boy who will be 8 in January. Been the 2 of us since he was 15mths old. My big guy has a diagnosis of Autism, so it does make life a little bit challenging, but I wouldn't change it.
I've been over weight most of my life. It really has gotten out of hand though since I had my son (yep, almost 8 years ago-still hanging onto the "baby weight")
My dr is on my case all the time about my weight and my bmi. I know I need to lose, because I need to be around for my son. My starting weight is 235. I'm only 5 feet tall though so this is not good! I don't have high blood pressure or high chloresterol though, which is good I think! I would love to get down to 170 (****, if i get there, then I'm shooting for 135) but am setting my first goal for 220. 15 pounds. I dont know yet how i'm going to do it. That's why I joined here. For inspiration, ideas, advice.

Anywho, My son and I reside in a small little town about 25 mins west of Ottawa, Canada. We keep busy with school/daycare, work, special olympics(GREAT organization!) and therapies. Anyways, looking forward to getting to know some of you have a great day

Last edited by Kimmykimyo; 11-14-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Kimmykimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Kimmy! Glad you joined us! This is a great place for support! You'll get rid of that "baby fat" before you know it, lol! There are all kinds of weight loss plans to choose from. (Sometimes you just have to experiment to see what works best for you.) The Diet Central section has a lot of good information on many of them. I do a modified Slow Carb Diet. Here's a thread I created when I first started my journey on it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...carb-diet.html. Hopefully other people will chime in with what works well for them. Many people here have success with counting calories. There is an app called myfitnesspal that helps them keep track and people have said really good things about it. Whichever plan you choose, I wish you the best! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/235/170

Height: 5'0

Thanks for the welcome Jacqui! I think I'm going to go the calorie counting route. Seems like it will fit in with my life style well.
Kimmykimyo is offline   Reply With Quote