Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/191/140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Hello all!!

Hi everyone!! My name is Amy and I'm a 38 yr old single mom (2 boys...18 and 16) in North Carolina.

I have struggled with my weight off and on for most of my life, but am finally determined to get control and take the weight off for good. Hitting my max weight of 254 was depressing, but also motivating. I became very determined that the scale wouldn't have that large a number on it for long. I am more than half way to my goal, but have been stalled at this weight for about a month now with little to no change. So frustrating!!!

I have discovered that I really like jogging, even though I have to do it in short intervals with walking. I love the way I feel when I am done. I am trying to eat clean and feel amazing when I don't cheat. Sometimes that is a challenge for me since I work nights and don't really have the time to prep all my food like I need to. I will continue to work at it though and I know it is going to be totally worth it in the end.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone here and gaining as well as giving support!!
musicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #2  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

Welcome, Amy!

This forum is a great place to get support so I'm sure you'll find plenty of encouragement here as you continue on your journey. Congrats on your weight loss and healthier lifestyle! I enjoy walking and jogging too, it's a nice stress reducer, isn't it? I wish you much patience as you wait for your plateau to end, hang in there!
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Hi Amy, welcome to the forums and congratulations on your loss so far
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/252/175

Height: 5'4

Hiya Amy!
My name is Sarah and I too have been on a weight loss journey for most of my life. My awakening was when I hit 320, I immediately lost 70 lbs in the next two months and kept it off the next 6 years. I am now ready to tackle the next 70 pounds. I too work nights that mixed with a broken back, and tons of medication soared me up to 320. I am currently searching for the best way to lose weight and exercise without affecting my back, which I am still fighting to have surgery approved on.
Not going to be easy, but I can do it.
I stand on my feet 12 hours a day 6 days a week, so if anyone has any ideas of what is a good light exercise but that is quick, lol by the time I clock out I am ready to sit down!!! I'm up for any ideas at all!
Good luck girl! Can't wait to see your progress
Appliea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/191/140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Thanks for the welcome LovesToTravel and ILoveVegetables!
Sarah….for me it was all about what I ate. I just started with trying to cut the things out of my diet that I knew I didn't need. It was really a struggle on the nights that I forgot to pack healthy snacks and only had the vending machines at work. I still fight that battle 5 nights a week!!! (I swear those Oatmeal Cream Pies call my name! LOL!!) I can't even imagine working 12 hours shifts and then trying to find the time and energy to exercise. I'm sure you'll come up with something. If I have any sudden bright ideas I'll be sure to pass them along, but right now I'm working 8-10 hours a day 5 days a week and struggle to fit my jogging in 3 days a week and a 1 mile walk in the rest of the week.
Good Luck to you as well. I know we can succeed with this!!
musicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Amy! Congrats on your fantastic turnaround! Way to take control of your own health! Keep up the great work! That plateau will eventually pass, possibly with a needed tweak here and there, and then you'll keep losing so hang in there! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote