Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/350/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi, again

I joined a long time ago, forgot the un ... so I made another account now.

I've been on again off again trying to diet for the past two to three years after putting on about 100 pounds within a short period of time. I just haven't been able to motivate myself into sticking with a diet. I think it's mostly because mentally I'm a hot mess and it's helped spiral me to this weight and other unhealthy habits.

But I recently found out I am type 2 diabetes, well at least I think I am because my glucose has been in the steady 300 range but haven't heard from the doctors yet. But I know I need a change now if I want to live to see my forties.

And I'm sick of the BS I get locally because of my weight. I'm sick of seeing clothes I love and not having them in my size, and the stuff that is made for my size looks ill fitting and crappy. Just sick of all this weight I waddle around and for once I want to be down to a normal size.

I'm just at a loss what to do. I'm highly addicted to sugary stuff (pop and sweets), and have crappy eating habits (binging near night time because I stay out all day and don't eat). I'm also a super picky eater and have never really eaten veggies, so when I toss out eating the bad stuff I really have nothing to eat. I'm also experiencing weirdness with my body as makes me ill now to eat most meats and dairy (even soy & coconut milk). I also have a problem going out to exercise, as I've pretty much been a shut in and my knees and back give me ****. Any recs for exercise video or exercise ideas that are targeted for my size range and limited mobility would be awesome.

I'm also worried my goal weight is ridic considering I'm essentially telling myself I have to lose 200 pounds. Is it better to have a smaller goal weight then keep up'ing it as you go along? Or is a bigger goal weight better?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited by trustmyrage; 11-09-2013 at 01:40 PM.
trustmyrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

Welcome back! The best thing you can do is be here for support and even when you have those bad days even more important. I think right now think of a goal like 5% and work towards that. I run a challenge , I am typing by my phone so can't post the link. Check out my posts. " pass the stuffing " challenge. We have monthly challenges and we are a small group but supportive. You can do this.

For me personally eating clean non processed foods have done amazing for my success. Find something that works, realize you need to make a lifestyle change. The yoyo dieting just makes us fatter. I am addicted to sugar and eating clean was hard the first couple of weeks but got that bad beast detoxed out of me and you know what I don't miss it at all. Every now and then I do have a sweet but it goes in my plan and I continue. No more bingeing. Well good luck and yes you can do this.

Last edited by cleancowgirl; 11-09-2013 at 03:21 PM.
cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi trustmyrage! BACK! You'll find lots of support here! Here is a link to the challenge cleancowgirl mentioned: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...-oct-28-a.html. I would also like to suggest that you research on your own, through the internet or library books, sugar addiction and type 2 diabetes. You need to understand just how poisonous those types of foods, along with their cohorts--white breads/grains, pasta, rice and potatoes--are to your body. You may not like veggies but your palate hasn't had a chance to appreciate them because veggies are quite bland in comparison to sugary foods. But the bottom line is veggies are the foods that can heal you--bring your diabetes under control, help you lose weight, help you to regain your mobility, help your body to stop "experiencing weirdness." You have to make a choice about whether you are going to continue poisoning your body or start healing it, and in coming back here I think you have taken a step in the right direction! I wish you the very best! Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 11-09-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/284.0/185

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, and good for you for deciding to make a change!

I second eating clean. It's super tough if you're like me and live with people who prefer cheaper more processed foods but I manage okay.

I too have a wicked sweet tooth. I haven't completely kicked the habit but I have lowered my intake a ton and I have to say I feel SO much better without it. It's really hard at first I even had headaches pretty much constantly for two weeks. But, then.... I felt really good. I had way more energy and felt less... foggy when I was awake. I didn't even fully realize how much until I recently got off track and binged pretty bad on halloween candy and felt so so sick and yucky for days after.
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Hi there, and welcome to the forums

I had pretty terrible eating habits too. For almost 6 years that I was away from home, I used to eat junk food literally almost everyday, and binged a lot in the nights. I've managed to almost completely change both habits in a month or two. I still have some trouble with nighttime bingeing, but mostly can make do with a fruit or some almonds, so don't worry, no matter how bad you feel your habits are, they're totally changeable
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote