Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230

Height: 5'2

Red face Hiya, looking for motivation.

Hello everyone.

I'm new to the website, but not new to losing weight and then gaining it back again and losing it and gaining it back. My name is Elina, I'm 24 and I've lost and gained probably around 250lbs in the past 5 years. I was 250 at my heaviest and the lightest I remember myself being at this point was 190. I'm at 230 right now after gaining 10 lbs in the past 2 months. All of my doctors have said I have PCOS and thats what's causing my easy weight gain but after they run tests its always negative so I guess I don't?

I recently moved out of my parent's house 2.5 hours away in central NJ to Lancaster, PA to live with my boyfriend of 3 years who is also a fatty and who is also trying to lose weight. He's lost almost 50 lbs by being in ketosis and working out and trying to get me to get motivated but I feel like there's no more motivation left in me because I've failed so many times. I've never been part of a group of people who actually want to lose weight so hopefully this place will help me regain some of my motivation.

Some things about me: Just graduated from college in may with a BFA in Graphic Design and am absolutely unemployed because who in their right mind moves to the middle of PA to get a job. I bind books from scratch in my spare time. I love to cook healthy and really don't like sweets.

Thanks for reading!
Rusalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/238/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey there, I'm new too…this is actually my first reply/posting! I have have always been overweight except for a brief moment in my early 20's. Then life got in the way, or shall I say my reaction to life spun out of control. I'm at 238 but have been up to 250 in the past. The lowest weight I've been in the last 10 years was 215.
My mom was diagnosed w/ diabetes this year so I've been motivated into eating better and loosing weight. So for the last 6-8 months I've been TRYING to eating low sugar/grains and lots of veggies. But once life gets busy (and I have a tendency to overbook myself) I tend to turn to fast food, crackers, and bagels.
Uggh….so I joined this group in the hopes that it'll give me more motivation for eating better. My one and only goal is to get rid of my belly fat….the dreaded belly fat that just doesn't want to leave
RubyLoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Elina, Rubyloo, and Kami! to all of you! This is a great site for support! Everyone here understands what it's like to try to lose weight, and they all wish the best for you! Good luck to each of you on your weight loss journeys!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyLoo View Post
Hey there, I'm new too…this is actually my first reply/posting! I have have always been overweight except for a brief moment in my early 20's. Then life got in the way, or shall I say my reaction to life spun out of control. I'm at 238 but have been up to 250 in the past. The lowest weight I've been in the last 10 years was 215.
My mom was diagnosed w/ diabetes this year so I've been motivated into eating better and loosing weight. So for the last 6-8 months I've been TRYING to eating low sugar/grains and lots of veggies. But once life gets busy (and I have a tendency to overbook myself) I tend to turn to fast food, crackers, and bagels.
Uggh….so I joined this group in the hopes that it'll give me more motivation for eating better. My one and only goal is to get rid of my belly fat….the dreaded belly fat that just doesn't want to leave
Yeah, I get that, hopefully we can get to our goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamelka View Post
Hi Elina,
I hope you don't mind asking, but by any chance, are from Eastern Europe? Just your name is the same as my cousin's name and your username means mermaid in my language! I am new to this forum as well, I wanted to encourage you that it is never too late to start losing weight! I was at my heaviest 189lb this past February, but I was pregnant. Still that doesn't mean anything, because after 4 months I was 167 lb and not losing any weight. This was my AH-HA moment when I realized I need to help myself! I started looking for support and motivation. And I found it! I am down to 142 as of last week and I keep losing more weight and get in a good shape! I can help you, give you tips and lead you through your journey of losing weight! I could show you my before and after photos, you could definitely see the difference. Just let me know!
Hope to talk to you soon!
-Kami
Ha, yeah, I'm Russian. Where are you from? Good job on your weight loss. I'd love to see photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
Hi Elina, Rubyloo, and Kami! to all of you! This is a great site for support! Everyone here understands what it's like to try to lose weight, and they all wish the best for you! Good luck to each of you on your weight loss journeys!
Thanks
Rusalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

Welcome to the forum. You both have taken the first important step. The desire to get healthy. Good luck! Check out the challenges. They will give you motivation.
cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote