Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195 mini-goal 175

Height: 5'4

Default Newbie from near DC

Hi everyone!

I finally decided to take the plunge and finally post about trying to lose weight. I've been various levels of chubby/overweight/fat my whole life. I recently moved across the country for a job and decided that I should use this as a new start on tackling my weight too since it's getting too close to 200 for comfort. And hopefully I'll actually stick with it this time. I've said I was going to lose weight and go on a diet so many times, but it's never actually worked.

And there's the basics of me. I'm hoping that by saying this in a public forum I'll hold myself accountable a lot more than I have in the past.
emilyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi emilyb! You'll find lots of support here! You are right that when you join a forum, you tend to hold yourself more accountable...but only if you participate! So browse around and jump right in! People here are very nice and everyone understands what it's like to struggle with weight, so you'll have lots of friends rooting for you to do well! Good luck! You can do it!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195 mini-goal 175

Height: 5'4

Thanks Jacqui! I normally just lurk so I'm pretty proud of myself for actually signing up and saying hi.
emilyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:52 PM   #4  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Welcome. You'll learn a lot here and get a lot of support. I did!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote