Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #1  

Default Greetings from the Eighties

The 80s called and they want their diet back!

I've registered for this forum because I am a refugee from the current Weight Watchers online site and boards.
I am also a refugee from their Points programs (all variations of them).

I was a WW leader in 1987 after I first reached my weight goal. Back in the days of the Exchanges. Loved them and I'm going back. I'm on day 3 of week one of Quick Start Plus and happier than ever I was.

I am also a refugee from South Beach.
I am also a refugee from Best Life.
I am also a refugee from "Lose It!"
I am also a refugee from Paleo.

The key is that since I was last successful, the many diets I have tried have veered off the course of "exchanges". Could I have modified them to work that way? Surely. But it became really schizophrenic for me. I couldn't remember whether I was counting points, "doing Core or Simply Filling", or was it "Power Foods", or was I counting calories? Or was I avoiding bread this week? Or was that in two weeks.

Old dog, new tricks, no can do. My sister and I are supporting each other and clinging to our Weight Watchers Quick Start Exchanges (though I'll eventually go to the Personal Choices).

I look forward to poking around on this site and am happy to make it "One More Fat Chick Hanging Out Here"
Julie1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Julie! Love your intro, lol! As you poke around, be sure to check out the WW forum: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/. Maybe you can even find some other exchange-lovers there! Good luck to your sister and you! You can do it!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome! You had me at "Greetings from the Eighties"! I have an endearing fondness for the 80s, my high school years.

You're ahead of the game when you really know what works for you! And it sounds like you do! Good luck to you, I have no doubt you will be successful!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote