Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-28-2013, 05:13 AM   #1  

Red face Hello from England.

Over weight and over 50 and could do with some help.

Have been a yo-yo for most of my life and now VERY over weight. Have lost about 20lbs and now have lost all motivation. What can I do to stick at it??? I am now 53 and finding it harder than ever to shift a few pounds. It has never been easy, but now seems impossible.

Any help, any advice, gratefully received!!
squeakyhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Squeakyhen! Congrats on the 20 lbs you've lost so far! And I want you to see this:

You have taken 20 lbs off! You do not want to add a single lb of that fat back, so yes, you must find the motivation to either keep going or maintain if you re happy with your weight as it is now. We can help! Browse around and join in. There is so much to see, and so many great people to meet! Be sure to check out the sub-forum "Chicks Up for a Challenge," http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge-159/, and consider joining one or more of the challenge threads. Everyone there is so nice and supportive, and it really does help get you going and keep you going! Good luck in your journey. You can do this!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #3  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakyhen View Post
Over weight and over 50 and could do with some .
Have been a yo-yo for most of my life and now VERY over weight. Have lost about 20lbs and now have lost all motivation. What can I do to stick at it??? I am now 53 and finding it harder than ever to shift a few pounds. It has never been easy, but now seems impossible.

Any help, any advice, gratefully received!!
Have you tried going the low carbohydrate/moderate protein way?

I am doing the Ideal Protein version and finding it quite straightforward and easy to stick with ...mostly because I don't seem to be experiencing too much hunger.

There are threads in the forums about low carb and also specifically Ideal Protein.

And by the way, welcome here!

Annik
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #4  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi squeakyhen! Welcome to 3FC!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/225/150

Height: 5'4

Hi Squeakyhen,
For me, I find that it isn't about motivation so much as changing my habits. The reason I am trying to change my habits is because I feel terrible overweight. Things have to become a normal habit or you will not continue. Do you have to motivate yourself to brush your teeth everyday? It is a daily habit. Eating right has to become just like that. That is how I am approaching it.
Catgoyle is offline   Reply With Quote