Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/164/154

Height: 5'4 and large framed

Default College student trying to live healthy

Hello! My name is Anya and I have been struggling with weight gain for over a year now. I went on Depo-Provera in the summer of 2012 and gained 10 pounds, and then decided to plan to graduate from college in three years instead of four and gained 20 pounds my freshman year for a high weight of 175 pounds (I also admit the cookies and ice cream and cafeteria food had a lot to contribute to it ).

I curtailed my weight gain at the beginning of the summer - I think my body was used to eating so many more calories than needed that it took some time for it to get used to what maintenance was like again. Because of that, I maintained from June to August but did not lose weight.

Now I'm back in college, have an apartment I can cook in and have successfully lost 11 pounds this past month and weigh 164. I figured out I currently maintain at 2200, so I've been exercising (walking, strength training and dancing) a few times a week and aiming for 1800-1900 so I don't feel deprived.

I am committed to making lifestyle changes, and have curtailed my episodes of binge eating (a carton of Ben and Jerry's) and made sure to eat more fruits and vegetables and put good, wholesome things into my body. My biggest vice are sweets, so I've learned (the hard way) not to keep more than a single serving at home and try to eat healthier sweets (like froyo versus premium ice cream).

As I am large framed, I am aiming to lose another 10 pounds so I can be back in the healthy range for my age, height and frame size at 154 pounds. After that, I'll see

I would love to get to know other members here; I am the only roommate (out of 6!) focused on healthy living and want to know about other people's journeys toward living healthy.
Aibolit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Anya! It sounds like you have a solid plan and that it's working for you. Be sure as you take a look around that you check out the 20-Somethings under Support Groups. I'm sure they can identify with your college dieting! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/142

Height: 5'2"

Aibolit as Jacqui_D said-- welcome welcome!! You can do it and we'll be here to support and listen to you too!

MrsKevin
MrsKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #4  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Hi!
I, too, am a college student! I totally feel for you! I started a College support thread in the 20-somethings, it's not super popular yet, but there are a few of us who are also in college, so we can support each other!
Best of luck!
Deana509 is offline   Reply With Quote