I'm fedup with being a dieting failure. I want to be a winner!

• I've lost count of how many diets i've attempted over the years. I've lost some weight but have always ended up putting it back on plus loads more. I've now hit rock bottom with my weight issues and I'm fedup being a dieting failure because it impacts on every area of my life. I've always been fat and the reality is i'm now morbidly obese with over 100lbs to lose. I hate being like this. Being unable to wear lovely clothes and not just the ones that fit. I hate feeling invisible even though i'm so big.

Food has always been the one thing in my life that's always been there for me and changing how i think about it does seems quite daunting. I have a supportive husband and good friends who see me attempting to lose weight but getting nowhere. I've decided i have to lose weight. After reading some of the posts on 3FC I have felt more motivated than i have done for a long time. Tomorrow i go to my local chemist to get weighed. That will be quite interesting!

Any advice or support offered to me will be very gratefully received. Thank you for reading.
  • You are in the right place. When I was active here, I stayed on target. So I am back to stay.
  • first step (I'm no expert but in the mist of it too) make a LIFE STYLE change-quit using the word diet because you will "quit" a diet
    drink as much water as you can
    smaller portions
    and take one day at a time...try not to look forward to far, you gotta focus on today and celebrate the small successes
  • Don't think of it as a diet, think of it as making a lifestyle change. Read and research healthy choices and really arm yourself with the info you need to succeed before making a plan of action. Even making little changes can make a big difference. Changing your way of thinking can be a powerful tool as well. Have you ever heard the term 'think yourself thin' ? Don't underestimate the power of the mind.

I know what you mean about not being able to wear lovely clothes, last season I missed out on wearing peplum skirts and tops because I was too fat and they were my all time fave. I just wish I'd started earlier. Good luck, and let us know how you're progressing.
  • Hi Sunnydays! I'm glad you found us! You'll find lots of support here! Just take it a step at a time. Set mini-goals. Be happy with your small successes because they all lead to big success! Good luck!
  • You're not a failure, you're still trying! You can't fail if you never give up. Yes, sometimes it is a very long road -- but so be it -- it is still worth traveling!

I agree with the other posters: focus on each day.

And prepare yourself ahead of time for when you make a mistake. We all make mistakes. So when you make your first mistake (no matter when it happens) don't chuck away your commitment and planning and your desire and your hard work. Acknowledge the mistake, forgive yourself, and MOVE ON, get right back on the horse. This sounds so simple but it is one of the hardest things to do, and why it is so easy to fall off plan for long periods of time.

Good luck to you!
  • ^What Mrs Snark said.