My journey

• Hello everybody!

I am a 33 yr old stay at home mom. I have been struggling with loosing the baby weight for 7 years now. I got pregnant at my heaviest weight (185) and the lbs just kept adding on. I was 232 my last day of pregnancy and then got back to 200-195 post baby, but slowly gained a lot back. My second baby was born 2.5 years later and I got up to 228 at the end of that pregnancy. I bounced back fast and got to 191 in about 5 months. Since then I have gone through a lot of yo-yo type diets and last November I got up to 248lbs! Insane! I have never been that heavy! I was a size 4, and 124 lbs exactly 10 years ago! My 5 ft 6 inches frame looks good at that size, and carrying all this extra weight is starting to wear on me. I wake up with pain in my feet, I have to walk slowly every morning when I get out of bed, and I just don't feel like a 30-something most days.

I am ready to start getting my weight under control for myself and to set a good example for my kids. Looking forward to getting the support I need to succeed here

My goal is to get to a size 8, and 135 lbs. Not sure how long it will take me, but I want to make a commitment to stay focused on the long term goal.
  • That's awesome!!!! And we are here to support you : ) what is your game plan?
  • Hi,

I am a 47 year old secretary. I got married 7 1/2 years ago and have gained 110 lbs. I am facing health problems if I don't change my ways...besides I miss riding behind my husband on his motorcycle, I am hoping that I will find my way here. I am new to blogs, etc. So please be patient, I will get the hang of it. I am ready to take control of my life again. I now weigh 250 lbs. which is crazy at 5'2". My goal is a size 6 at 130 to 140 lbs., and maybe make some friends.
  • I have printed out the beginners workout on stumptuous.com, and I got a membership to the ymca. I plan to start on Monday of next week, due to work schedule, which I am changing to be able to do this. This 3 month plan is a way to start, which is the hardest part.