Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-09-2013, 04:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Current weight: 188

Height: 5 ft 4 in.

Default Looking for motivation and inspiration...new chick here

Well like the title of the thread says, I am looking for motivation and inspiration to change my life, and lose some weight. My goal is somewhere in the 145-155 pounds. I do not have a very good support system because all I ever do is work anymore, and well sometimes my coworkers are worse than I am when it comes to continuing to eat nothing but junk food.

I have come to the point where if I could live in my bedroom and hide from the world for the rest of my life I would. My depression just seems to get worse with each passing week. I have become a hermit and it is starting to bother me more than it did before.

I used to be the life of the party type of person, always out going and now it is just a mask I put on every day. I have a public service job, and have to deal with different types of people every day. I work in a jail, and deal with some nasty criminals and people from the public. I have come to start thinking, I need an advantage over the inmates especially if a male or a female wants to fight me. So I need to get healthier and in better shape. Plus, my brother is trying to help me get a better paying job where the physical demand is more involved. So I have less than a year to get there.

Help, suggestions, and input would be great.

I have recently started walking, I have only walked two miles so far. It is hard working out with not belonging to a gym, and working night shift.

So the goal this week is on pay day is to join a gym by my house and go a few times a week.

Any advice on starting out would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
lonerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Welcome!!! I see you're from GA, what part?! I used to live there and it's one of my favorite places!
You've made the best decision by joining 3FC, the love and support of the people on these forums is incredible!! My advice is to do just what you're doing! As long as you're making the effort and you have the right attitude, things are going to start changing!!
Good luck and WELCOME!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote