Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 4'11"

Default Ready to take the plunge.

Hi everyone out in internet land. My name is Alice and I'm an almost 24 year old living in St.Cloud, Minnesota.

I'm ready to lose weight and be happy with myself, but I need support. I'm sort of a shut in, I don't have many real life friends I can turn to. I play a lot of video games and make most of my friends online, I think part of the reason is because I am extremely unhappy with the way that I look. I'm 4'11", quite short, and I've managed to pack on about 180 lbs. Jeez, it really doesn't seem like THAT much unless you're as low to the ground as I am, haha. I don't have a 5'8" body for it to be spread over.

I have trouble sticking to anything, really, so this isn't much different. My main problems are finding the motivation to exercise everyday and having the willpower to change what I eat. It's like, I just cant do it and I'm not really sure why.

Hopefully I can find some help here and I can finally let the real Alice out.

Nice to meet you all.
Doxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Alice! Yes, you can do it! But maybe you just need to take baby steps to get started. For example, don't try to start out doing both a diet and exercise. Focus on dieting, and then when you get the hang of that and feel good about the weight you've lost, maybe then you'll feel motivated to start doing some exercise. As for starting a diet, take one day at a time, maybe even one meal or even one hour at a time. You can keep from overeating for one hour, right? Take one hour and then when you have success with that, take another hour, until you get through a whole day! Drink lots of water. Your body won't flush water pounds (and who needs those?) unless it knows you are taking in enough water to keep it functioning properly, so drink lots of water. Stay away from white foods, like white bread, white rice, white pasta, and white potatoes. They just make your blood sugar spike, so your body floods you with insulin, which causes your blood sugar to drop, and then you become hungry again! Go with whole grains instead--whole wheat or whole grain bread (it has to say "whole" on it), brown rice, whole grain pasta, and if you really want potatoes, try sweet potatoes. Hide the chips and cookies! You can do this! You will do this! And people here will help you. If you stay inside a lot and get on the computer a lot, then you can put your computer time to good use by coming here and joining in on the discussions. Not only can others help and support you, but you can help and support others as well. So browse around, and jump right in! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #3  

Thanks for the great welcoming post, I appreciate your suggestions and I don't think I've ever thought of it that way. I always felt that if you're going to diet you have to exercise and vice versa. I just really want to do it this time, I'm determined to be sexy! Lol.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Lol! And you will be! If you need some extra motivation, come on over to the sub-forum "Chicks Up for a Challenge" under Support Groups: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge-159/. There are lots of threads to get actively involved with there, all of which will help keep you motivated and accountable. I participate in the monthly weight loss challenge thread, and we are very chatty there, lol. August is half over, but new people join all the time (including today), so feel free to jump in if you like, or join any of the threads that look good to you!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Alice, I hope you find a lot of support buddies on here who can help you on your road to success.

I know where you are coming from, with the entire 'shut-in' feel. I have made a lot of friends online since I moved often (due to Navy dad) and played a lot of World of Warcraft. I have a lot of weight to lose, and am slowly getting there...

It takes small steps. Adjustments, and finding what works. What system do you have??? You should try out the Zumba fitness, or dance games for some fun, indoor activity.

You could also take your favorite video game soundtracks and make a workout playlist using your favorite songs. I know the opening song for Final Fantasy X-2 was one of my favorites to listen to when I wanted to pick up the pace.

Anyway, welcome and best of luck to you!
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #6  

Haha, it's funny you mention that. The Chrono Cross soundtrack is what I listen to when I go for bike rides!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #7  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Alice! You can do this!! Be sure to stick around, read up, and post often!

Last edited by belovedspirit; 08-19-2013 at 08:50 PM.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 218/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Alice! I came here for the same reason as you. I am pretty alone in real life, myself. I always have been. I've been on here less than a week and have already found an amazing amount of love and support. Stick around for a while. I promise you'll find the same thing I have.
AngieRR1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #9  

Last edited by blackaurora9; 06-12-2016 at 03:50 AM.
blackaurora9 is offline   Reply With Quote