Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #1  
Southern Rose

S/C/G: 230.0//216.4//160

Height: 5'2"

Default Hi, I'm just a little shy...

I hate making introductions as they make me feel REALLY selfconscious but I'll try :\

I'm Sarah, I'm 28, British and now living in the USA. I married my Southern charmer in Las Vegas 2012 after 2 years of dating, 1 year of engagement and a whole lot of immigration costs.

The reason I am here is because I really need to lose weight, I have PCOS, I believe I could be pre-diabetic (my mother and grandmother were diabetic and big women). I am unfit, unhealthy, and I feel like I'm a pretty bad wife. I never have the motivation to do anything, I don't want to do things, and I hate myself for it.
I want to be a good wife, I want to be able to get up and get things done, I want to enjoy my life now that I have a second chance at it.

Last night I looked at my wedding album, I look huge, my day was beautiful but a dark cloud came to settle on my reception meal when the steel boning in my dress collapsed under the weight of my boobs! I have NO reception pictures because I was too mortified by my overflowing bosom to allow anyone to take any pictures! I looked like a whale and now I still feel like one!

I've lost a little weight, I dropped from 230lbs-ish to 216lbs now, I was 210lbs recently but managed to let it creep back up.
I'm out of ideas, lacking motivation and I really hope I can find some of that here!

Sorry for the long winded tirade, I wasn't expecting to spill my heart out here

Anyways, I look forward to getting to know a few people and really hope I can get down to my ideal weight.
FatalKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Welcome! I understand the hatred of intros, I'm not sure I ever even made one, just jumped right in lol

Explore around, everyone is super friendly and have great advice!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #3  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

Height: 5'8"

I have to admit.....I never did an intro
My advice is to make a plan regarding food (and if/when you will exercise) and join a challenge to keep you going
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #4  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Welcome, Fatalkiwi!
I'm sorry to hear your wedding day felt like such a disappointment.
There is so much information on the site, so many tips, so much wisdom amongst members, that I'm sure if you go digging for ideas you will find them aplenty!
Congratulations on your progress so far! Keep up the awesome effort and before you know it you will be achieving your goals and seeing a new life for yourself.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm really glad you posted because I'm hoping to see you turn things around. I'm rooting for you! Put everything behind you. It's amazing how quickly you'll start to feel better if you can find a way to stay consistent and committed. Motivation comes and goes but commitment is where it's at. Don't think about all the weight you want to lose...that can be daunting. Instead, set up mini-goals and then reward yourself when you reach them. Find a way of eating (WOE) that you can live with for the rest of your life. The loss may be more gradual but a lot more pleasant and you'll teach yourself important skills so that you can maintain your loss.

You can even post a sample day of what you eat and people will be happy to tweak it for you so that you can create a caloric deficit.

You're so young and you should be enjoying life. Start enjoying now...love yourself to a healthier life style instead of having guilt and unhappiness. You DESERVE to only put good foods in your body so treat it well and it will reciprocate.

Welcome aboard FatalKiwi (love that name, btw!)!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

Welcome FatalKiwi!! I agree with luckymommy, just put all that bad stuff behind you! You can do this! It's all about baby steps, and making changes that you are comfortable with!

Definitely browse around through the forums, and ask any questions you may have! You will be able to get to your goal weight
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #7  
Southern Rose

S/C/G: 230.0//216.4//160

Height: 5'2"

Thank you all for your warm welcome, I'm already on the path with baby steps.
After posting this introduction earlier I got home from work, put on my new walking shoes, grabbed my iPod and decided to give it a shot.

It was a tiny victory, but a victory all the same. I walked 1.2 miles around my neighbourhood (including a hill!) so I'm feeling a little proud of myself

Thanks again to you all ^_^
FatalKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #8  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

That's fantastic! Every step you take will lead you closer to your goal! Woohoo!!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Sarah! Congrats on the weight loss so far! I'm so glad you've come here. You'll find lots of support. So browse around, there are lots of forums to interest you, and jump right in! Good luck! Keep going! You can do it!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/240/160

Height: 5'5

Hi Sarah, I'm new here too and also shy. We can be uncomfortable together I hate to exercise but I'm thinking it would help boost those endorphins and make you feel better about your body too. I'm trying to measure my success in mini-goals of 10 pounds with a reward of some kind after each success.

WELCOME to all the new members who joined since last Sunday when I joined. I wanted to welcome each of you individually, but my family calls I hope everyone has a great week and remember that if the scale doesn't go UP, you've been successful

Rytre (REE-tra)
Rytre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/200/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default hello

Hello friends, I am new to this site, but I have tried numerous different things to lose weight, It is very hard when you have a low thyroid like I do. Your metabolism is at a crawl, so even eating less is not working. I am exercising to firm up but the scale does not budge. Good luck to everyone here.
annfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/202.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

I have found calorie counting to be pretty easy to stick to. I can still eat treats once in a while, I just make sure I keep my calories low the rest of the day. Bonus is its free to do!

There are lots of different plans and strategies. So maybe take a look around this site and research them an decide which one sounds like the right fit for you.
shutterbugmama84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #13  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 80kg/70kg/55kg

Height: 4'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKiwi View Post
Thank you all for your warm welcome, I'm already on the path with baby steps.
After posting this introduction earlier I got home from work, put on my new walking shoes, grabbed my iPod and decided to give it a shot.

It was a tiny victory, but a victory all the same. I walked 1.2 miles around my neighbourhood (including a hill!) so I'm feeling a little proud of myself

Thanks again to you all ^_^
yaaayyyy for you
phase 2 is offline   Reply With Quote