Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/152/132

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello from Utah!

Hi, my name is Jenny and I just joined this forum to help me jump start my weight loss journey again.

I have successfully taken off ~50lbs and kept it off for about a year. The problem is that I regularly weigh somewhere in the 140s and cannot seem to get below that AND MAINTAIN IT. I just got back from vacation and weigh 152 at the moment, which is very high for me and I hope to be back to the 140s within the week. It's after I hit 142 that is usually my problem, I plateau and get very discouraged.

I do count calories, eat healthy for the most part, and exercise regularly. I work at a school so next week my schedule goes back to normal, which includes gym time 4 days/week. Over the summer I have also taken up running 2-3 miles a few times a week to help keep fit when I could not get to the gym.

I'm joining because my other support systems seem to be waning. My husband hit his weight loss goal so he is less focused on it. My workout partner is MIA right now, and most of my friends on Lose It have sort of dropped off.

I'm hoping to get more accountability and support here, bust a plateau, get into the 130s, and increase my overall knowledge of nutrition and fitness.

Thanks for reading all of this!!
20lbtogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/163/130

Height: 5'3

Hi Jenny!

I'm pretty new here myself, I don't know the answer to your question, but did want to welcome you & say hi!
Debimomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Jenny! Be sure to check out the Calorie Counters forum under the Diet Central section. I'm sure you'll get lots of great advice and support there! Good luck! You can do this!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 08-11-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote