Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/284.0/185

Height: 5'5"

Cool Just another introduction! Would love to meet new people. :)

Hi everyone,

I posted elsewhere on the forum but decided I should have an actual intro post. I'd love to make some buddies on here to help keep me motivated & on track since I don't have a ton of support offline.

My name is Kayla & I'm 25 years old. I live at home still which kind of hinders my weight loss because although I buy my own food... other people in the house buy a lot of junk food and resisting is so hard! I'm currently in a long distance relationship with a wonderful girl. I don't have children, but would like to in another 6-8 years or so. I have four cats & a dog. I currently work as a nanny for twin 3 year old girls and I love it.

I've struggled with my weight my entire life & was diagnosed with hashimoto's & metabolic syndrome in my teens. In November 2011 I was at my highest weight of 330 pounds. I've gotten down to 266 since then but still have quite a ways to go to my goal of 150 currently.

Right now I'm counting calories with myfitnesspal & am going to the gym 3x a week. I'm feeling really really good and motivated at the moment and I really want to change my life for the better.
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'9"

Hello Kayla, welcome!
My name is Veronica, I'm also on a weightloss journey. I'm 204 pounds and want to be 160. However I just started this week lost 2.4 pounds.
overonica88o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #3  
Hobbit-lass

Height: 5'2"

Hi there Kayla, welcome! You seem to have started out on the right foot, and I know that you will be able to find support here.
fairandfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Kayla! So glad you joined us! You'll get lots of support here. There are lots of forums and sub-forums that might interest you. Under Support Groups, be sure to check out the "20-Somethings." I think that forum hops. And also "Chicks Up for a Challenge" Those threads are quite active. Good luck! You're off to a great start!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 347/208/180

Height: 5'3

Hi! My name is Amber, at my largest I was 347, now I'm down to 263. My "ultimate" (as of right now) goal is 180. I can totally relate to living at home and having temptations by other people's food, even if you do buy all healthy things.

If you ever need someone for support and/or advice, feel free to contact me, though I do have bad days myself. Perhaps we can keep each other in check
anm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/284.0/185

Height: 5'5"

Thanks all for the welcome.

Congrats on your own weight losses so far. It's so motivating seeing everyone elses progress and hearing peoples successes!

I'll check those other boards out.

Amber, I'm heading off to bed but I would love having a weight loss buddy. Not really sure how to keep in touch on here but I'll try and figure something out tomorrow. :P
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 169/164/160 lbs

Height: 5'6"

, Kayla. I found that just joining the forum, stating my intention publicly, made it easier to resist junk food and generally stick to the plan. Maybe you'll find the same thing. I hope so.
Creativian is offline   Reply With Quote