Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/265/160

Height: 5'4"

Default New Member Chiming in to Say Hi!

Hi everyone! I'm a new member who is looking for a supportive community focused on fitness/health/reaching a healthy weight (whatever that is for each person) and it looks like this may be a great place for that. I've struggled with my weight ever since puberty, and lost about 50 pounds on WW in my mid-20s, only to gain all of it back plus some when I got pregnant with my son 8 years ago.

I had the lap band surgery a few years ago, which has been great for appetite control and has helped me lose some of the weight, but a succession of life changes/stress meant that I never quite committed to consistent exercise the way I should have - key to weight loss success with the lap band. Long story short, I finally re-committed myself a few weeks ago to getting this excess weight off in honor of my dearly-departed mother and nephew who both died way too young (especially my baby nephew) and my grandfather, who is now dealing with terminal cancer. Pappy, as I call him, has been great at motivating me to get off my rear and exercise because if a man with a compound back fracture and tumors on his vertebrae - not to mention a severe form of arthritis he's battled since age 17 - can get off his duff to do physical therapy every day, I sure as heck don't have an excuse!

My life is pretty busy with a part-time job as a paralegal, a part-time job as a legal writer and editor, and a part-time job as a published fiction author. I write an urban fantasy series for Penguin/Ace Books and am in the process of trying to sell a new project or two. Add that to all my family responsibilities, and I'm certainly crazy busy. However, I have learned that I need to make my family and me - especially my health - a priority or all of that other stuff won't matter one little bit.

Right now I am tracking my food intake with Weight Watchers Online, something that is always successful for me when I actually do it - and exercising as much as possible. I have a weight loss blog on wordpress called babychrysalis, focused on fitness and health first and eventually trying for baby number two which is long overdue. I'll already be trying to conceive in my late 30s by the time it happens - I definitely don't want to increase my risk by still being seriously overweight. So it's past time to stop complaining and start doing something about my weight!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone around here.

Last edited by KaseyMack; 08-02-2013 at 05:28 PM.
KaseyMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Kasey, I'm so sorry for your losses, but what a success you are! I'm sure your family is so proud of you! And in coming here, you've made a step in the right direction for your health. We have a forum for those who will have or have had surgery. We have a WW forum. And we have many exercise threads. Under the sub-forum Chicks Up for a Challenge, the August exercise and weight loss challenges are just starting up. Feel free to join in. Or there are many other challenges to help you stay motivated. Have fun and good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #3  
300+ Chick

Hello and Welcome! Good luck with your efforts!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/265/165

Height: 5'4

Hi and Welcome.

I hope all the support around here gets you moving in the right direction. I am a newbie here as well and so far, the threads I have read have been really helpful. I had a bad day yesterday. But today is a new day, YEAH!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!
ImWeighedDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 169/164/160 lbs

Height: 5'6"

Hi Kasey. I couldn't resist googling to find out what your urban fantasy series is. Shades of Fury?
Creativian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Welcome! This is a great place for you to be. I've learned a lot through my journey here and I think the support was critical to my weight loss.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/265/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativian View Post
Hi Kasey. I couldn't resist googling to find out what your urban fantasy series is. Shades of Fury?
Nice detective skills, haha! Yes, that would be the one. =)

And thank you for the warm welcomes.
KaseyMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 169/164/160 lbs

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaseyMack View Post
Nice detective skills, haha!
Thanks.
Creativian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #11  
Hobbit-lass

Height: 5'2"

Hi there, and welcome to 3FC! The people here are great, as well as the support they offer! That will helpfully get you going in the right direction

I was going to google who you were, but someone else did the detective work for me, hah ! Again, welcome!
fairandfree is offline   Reply With Quote