Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'8''

Default First day, first post!

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while but today I officially started an account here.

I'm a 25 year old female, 185 pounds, 5'8'' and I would like to drop down to about 150. As a US soldier of 2 years, I've always been slightly overweight for my age/height category (by about 5-10 lbs) but because my muscle density is relatively high, I'm able to squeak by the regulations. I'm pretty tired of having to get my measurements taken every time I go to weigh in.. It's super embarrassing to be one of the only female soldiers who can't make it under the maximum weight limit. That's why I'm taking this step to really change my lifestyle. I've decided to stop drinking and smoking (Although I wasn't really a "smoker" before, just once a week or so.) Drinking is going to be hard to stop, because I really enjoy beer and wine, so does my husband. I have not yet told my husband that I'm trying to stop drinking.I don't know why? I'm concerned that he would not take my efforts seriously.

Today is my lifestyle change day #1. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with regards to diet (counting calories, low carb, paleo, etc.) because I'm worried about burning out. I work out at least 4 days a week and I do a lot of running. I'm trying to lose fat and maintain muscle mass, but I'm not sure which kind of diet would be most suitable to achieve that particular goal.

Anyway, I would appreciate any advice you may have! I'm looking forward to meeting goals and seeing everyone here succeed!

attached are my day one photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg side.jpg (48.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg front.jpg (42.3 KB, 7 views)
qiusiyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #2  

Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote