Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-25-2013, 03:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/194/130

Height: 160

Smile New Here & Trying To Get Healthy

Hi,

I'm a 24 year old female, I recently did an online BMI calculation and was horrified at the results.

After high school, I got so involved in studies and my business that I "let myself go". I put on 35 kilograms in a short space of time and I'm struggling to lose this.

I started exercising and found that I lost a good few inches. However, I did not continue with it religiously and gained it all back with little more!

I'm here and open to any suggestions with regard to getting healthy again.

I'd really appreciate any advice or motivation.

Thanks
Saadi Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/226/150ish

Height: 5ft 3in.

welcome. I'm new here as well and have found many helpful comments and tips. Good luck on your journey!
Shyleia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/167/150

Height: 5'10

Welcome!! My #1 piece of advice is to take it one day at a time. My other pieces of advice are:

-Make small changes that you can sustain long term (such as substituting ONE meal a day with something healthier for starters)
-Keep it real! Exercise for a reasonable amount of time and add on once you are no longer challenged.
-Once you have established a good habit, see how you can make it even better. You stopped slathering your sandwich with mayo? GREAT!! Now try eating it with only 1 piece of bread (open faced). I found that by making little changes upon little changes, it wasn't nearly as daunting.
-Keep coming here! The people here have so many inspirational stories, make you feel like you are not alone, and great tips for exercise and eating well.
-Don't beat yourself up for giving into cravings, not working out, etc. This is a journey that no one does perfectly!
Andrea85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea85 View Post
Welcome!! My #1 piece of advice is to take it one day at a time. My other pieces of advice are:

-Make small changes that you can sustain long term (such as substituting ONE meal a day with something healthier for starters)
-Keep it real! Exercise for a reasonable amount of time and add on once you are no longer challenged.
-Once you have established a good habit, see how you can make it even better. You stopped slathering your sandwich with mayo? GREAT!! Now try eating it with only 1 piece of bread (open faced). I found that by making little changes upon little changes, it wasn't nearly as daunting.
-Keep coming here! The people here have so many inspirational stories, make you feel like you are not alone, and great tips for exercise and eating well.
-Don't beat yourself up for giving into cravings, not working out, etc. This is a journey that no one does perfectly!
Great advice and to everyone new.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/187/160

Height: 5'3"

One of the best changes Iv made is to slowly substitute soda and juice for water, it sucks at first but you feel great after a while!! Good Luck!
EdenGirl is offline   Reply With Quote