Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/252/168

Height: 168

Default Hello from Wales

Hi,

I've been searching for somewhere to find support for what is going to an epic journey, and this is the one that felt right.

I'm 35, and have always been a little over weight. I stopped smoking 2 years ago and was diagnosed with PCOS last year. My weight has ballooned and it has affected me in more ways than I could ever imagine.

Anyway, I am to start metformin in the morning, and I've been looking around for the best type of diet to suit the medication. So I'm going to keep a track of journey.

kittycat78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello, Welcome. We started at the same weight almost. I was 1lb higher. I have lost 35lbs since January.
I calorie count. I use an app called my fitness pal because it was free. You can also look it up on time. I would ask to meet with a dietician as they may want you to stick to a certain amount of carbohydrates.
I would also try to start walking 30 minutes a day at least 5 days a week. If it is too much start slower and add 5 minutes a day. To get weight loss going you really need to move 45 minutes or more but you will need to work up to it.
The nice thing about calorie counting is you can have any food you just need to learn portion control.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/252/168

Height: 168

Thank you. I've joined a gym to do 3 sessions a week, and the membership includes swimming, so trying to see if I can fit that in too. Will be walking to work..Reflecting on my lifestyle, and its become stagnant. I used to befairly active, but after the first initial burst of weight gain, I've given up and become lazy.
kittycat78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Sounds like your off to a great start. I keep forgetting how much walking is done in uk. I would love to walk to work but the 26 mile commute might be a bit hard as i walk 3 miles an hour. Lol.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote