Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7

Default Making introductions. Hello!

First of all, a big hello!
I have come across this lovely site many late nights when browsing for motivation/diet tips/WHY AM I SO FREAKING HUNGRY searches on Google but never thought about signing up.. until today.

I'm 23, female and right now, so fed up with being "the fat friend".
In January I set myself the (probably unrealistic) goal of losing 50lbs by June. I lost ten, had one too many drunken nights out and forgot all about it until recently.. It dawned on me a few weeks ago that it was almost June and I had infact put those 10lbs back on and then several more. Since I was 14 or 15, I was always a little bigger and I really want, with all my heart to say goodbye to that excess weight for good. Realistically, dropping even 2 UK dress sizes would be a super massive deal, but my long term goal is around 50-60 lbs. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks and right now, I'm honestly not ready to. In a few days when I have gotten a better grip of my hunger/diet/moodiness I will jump onto those scales (which I bought in January for my self thwarted attempt at weight loss!!)

I start a new job in a few weeks, which will be quite active and I desperately want to do well in it so here is to hoping!

After snooping around your lovely little community, I feel like this could be the biggest help of my weight loss life! You all seem so supportive of eachother and genuinely nice people and I have been fully inspired by all your stories, photos and especially your honesty!

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Erin
erinerinerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! You can do it....trust me
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'4

Congrats on your new job! In no time you'll be dropping the weight and feeling great! I totally understand the hungry all the time! I had that issue for the first week or so when I began counting calories but my body has finally accepted my routine (I'm on week 4) and it's not so bad. Definitely don't starve yourself though! Apples, yogurt, and oranges helped me to adjust and I don't feel hungry all the time. Here's hoping the hungry feeling subsides quickly for you!

Last edited by Monkeyruler164; 06-12-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Monkeyruler164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: hw:290/sw:215/cw:188/gw:140

Height: 5'3

welcome!!! This is a great place to find motivation, support, and tons of inspiration!!! Come share your ups, downs, and everything in between. Again welcome!!!!
tapifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #5  
Warrior Princess

S/C/G: 216/214/145

Welcome to 3FC! I think you've definitely landed in a community which will support and advise you when you need it. I hung out here when I was in my early 20s and needed a support system (and occasional kick in the butt). Now in my late 20s, I'm back for the same.

Feel free to ping me anytime; hope to see you around the boards!
NyxPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #6  

Thank you for all your lovely welcomes. feeling motivated and happy I have made this step. Just went shopping and spent looooads fruit, veggies, fish and yoghurt.. and no junk! I have no excuse now not to eat healthily! (at least until it all runs out.. )
erinerinerin is offline   Reply With Quote