Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/173/135

Height: 5'8

Default Finally ready to reclaim my life

I can't stop eating and have gained 30 pounds in the last year. I am depressed and so angry and disgusted with myself. I just can't stay out of the kitchen and I eat so much food I feel numb. I think I may try an OA meeting and honestly I need so much help I don't have a clue what diet would be the best to try. I know it's only 30 pounds but its not so much that as the uncontrollable urge to just eat everything in sight. Any suggestions, insight or advice would be very much welcomed! Thank you!
Eliasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #2  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Don't buy it. If it's not in the house, you can't eat it. I have to avoid buying any type of trigger food since I will just eat it all in one sitting!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

I count calories and am holding at 28 lbs. I do my fitness pal. You can use your phone or ipad or just log in online. Good support. When you total your calories at the end of the day if you ate on target it will tell you what you will lose in 5 weeks if you overeat it will remind you what you will gain. Plus their are a lot of food options.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/173/135

Height: 5'8

Thank you so so much!
Eliasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #5  
a healthier me

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3" Age: 42

Welcome! Big hugs!!

I agree with keeping things out of the house. Keep some healthy snacks ready and easy to get to, like cut up veggies and fruit. I think often, when dieting, people end up not eating enough and then they get really hungry. This is when they eat whatever is easiest to get and often way too much of it because they still feel straved. Been there done that...way too often.

I have been redirecting my thoughts and energy elsewhere. When the kitchen keeps trying to pull me in, I get busy with other things, like cleaning, doing a few exercises, going out for a swim. While I am doing any of these activities I think about where I want to be. I think about how I want to be healthier. I think about the fact that not only am I my son's role model but I also want to be around when he is grown, I want to be around for grandchildren.

YOU can do this!! We all will kick the pounds together.
aspen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote