Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/211/150

Height: 5'3"

Default getting serious this summer

I use to be a more active member here, and then a lot of "life happened" and then to boot I somehow gained over 60 lbs back over a very very short period of time. The doctors checked my thyroid, and said it might have been the depo shot I was on. Who knows? I've been off the shot now for about a year and a half, and I'm excited that losing seems possible again now that I've put my mind to it.

I also had a lot of life crisis/changes. I finished the graduate program I was in (which included the standard thesis writing and defending etc. which was a stressful-pain), I moved, started law school, and then that turned out to be one extremely stressful year that just ended the other week. I'm taking it a little bit easier this summer with only a few week long work commitments and then studying for the patent bar for the next couple of months. I'm hoping with only studying for the one thing 4-6 hours a day I have time to focus on my health again.

I get gestational diabetes, so I'd really like get back to and stay in a healthy weight range to prolong my non-diabetic years here. I'm turning 29 this year so my impending middle ages are kind of staring me in the face here and I feel they're waving a big insulin flag at me!!

I'm also a mother of three, absolutely wonderful children. It's also really important to me to teach them healthy habits. Unfortunately the last year since the move we've been eating frozen prepared foods. We're rectifying that this week, and the garden is growing outside, I have some fresh lettuce I can't wait to try (it's my third year gardening, I scaled back this year due to the busy schedule but expanded the varieties, I've never done lettuce before so I'm really excited!).

SO-I came back to my favorite weightloss support forum and I'm hoping to find again a lot of great advice, support, and maybe a little accountability so I don't just give myself a free pass of "Oh it's a stressful week, don't worry about it this week" like I've done for the past year and a half. Fact is, I lead a busy stressful life, probably for the next couple of years, and I need to learn to stay healthy while I'm at it before I lose a foot or something to diabetes in ten years.

Anyways-thanks for being here for me before and I hope to use the support, incredibly experience, knowledge, and laughs to go forward successfully for a second time and hold it over this time!!
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #2  

back!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:13 PM   #3  

haha! thanks! I'm excited to sit down and commit myself. I hope I don't have too many "welcome backs" I hope this is the last time!

I was seriously wanting to "reinvent" myself on here, but I don't have very many email options and decided to face the music (mostly to myself) and admit the truth that I've done this before and then went backwards so far and so fast and even surpassed my previous "peak weight" by 25-30 lbs /facepalm
Old 05-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Welcome back (for the last time, I hope for both of us)! I'm also back here after gaining 50 lbs. in 1 year. You have a great attitude and I'm sure that will go a long way toward helping you reach your goals. See you around!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #5  

yeah it was actually really hard for me to log back in. I just mentally didn't want to actually face where I was and what had happened over the last couple of years.

However, just reading the posts on here have already excited and inspired me.

The spirit and the energy of seeing all these people succeed makes me want to succeed too! And gives me hope that I can! Seeing the tickers, the pictures, and the comments all gives me hope that I can do this! I have done this, and I'll do it again and make some permanent changes.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:27 AM   #6  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Yeah, I was quite embarrassed when I first came back, but then I realized that there's nothing to feel bad about. The purpose of this site is to give us support and nothing negative. I decided to jump in with both feet and not even give it a single thought, with regards to the shame part. I'm so glad to have you here!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote