Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #1  

Default Hey Hey Hey thur! :D

Hi my name is Brittany, and I am 16 years old. I weigh in at 196 lbs, and have been struggling with my weight for all my life. In middle school, I was about 163, and gained up when I got to high school. Now I'm in 11th grade, and feel absolutely horrid about myself. I have no confidence, and it sucks because I want to have that confidence that other girls have. Losing weight is definitely going to be a struggle but I am going to give it my absolute all.
This wanting of change happened when I went to the doctor's a couple months ago. He said that I could possibly get diabetes.. This really scared me because my brother has diabetes and I see what he has to do every day (inject himself with insulin) and it's really hard. Anyhow, the doc told me to make some serious changes. This included eating healthier, and exercising. So after I went to the doctors, I started eating better. Before, I would eat when I wasn't even hungry.. or when I was just bored. I would also get seconds or even thirds at times when I knew that I was overdoing it. Now I only eat until I'm not hungry anymore - not until I'm super full. Also, I never get seconds anymore.. ever. I am so happy I was able to change my eating habits, and even though I haven't exercised at all since I saw the doctor, I weighed myself in and lost 10 pounds!! It is absolutely fantastic and it gets me motivated to start exercising. So today I'm going to try to do a few push-ups, then stretch, and then walk outside for about 20-30 minutes. Even though I used to be able to run a mile straight (last year 10th grade) I'm going to start out slow. The exercise I used to do in p.e. was great last year, but now that I don't have p.e., I don't exercise... so wish me luck today! Time to start the first day of the rest of my life!
BrittanyLynette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #2  
Procrastinator

S/C/G: 161/151.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Good luck Brittany!!! Ten pounds is a BIG accomplishment!!! I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress!
MadKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #3  

Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote