3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Hello from Virginia (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/281286-hello-virginia.html)

Minarenei917 05-08-2013 11:47 PM

Hello from Virginia

Hi!
My name is Mina, I'm 22, and I live in Northern Virginia.
I'm new to this site. I stumbled upon this page on Pinterest while browsing the health and fitness boards and thought it might be worth a try. My friends are great however they are all either thin or not at all concerned about their weight and I'd love to have an place to vent when I'm frustrated, pick up new tips/ideas and also just see others progress to stay motivated.

I've been dieting for as long as I remember and I'm now getting to the point where it's no longer about vanity, it's moreso to make sure that I'm in good health. My short term goal is to lose 30 pounds but I need to lose closer to 100 pounds to reach my ultimate goal weight.

Just a quick introduction, please feel free to share some tips that have made you successful and keep you motivated!

carebearcm89 05-09-2013 08:33 AM

Welcome to the group, Mina! I know how it is to have friends that are thin or not concerned about their weight. Sounds like we have a lot in common. Good luck on your journey!

Psychic 05-09-2013 09:23 AM

:welcome:

Welcome to 3FC! Its a really nice community. My best tip is to use the MyFitnessPal app to track calories. Weight loss is all about calories consumed vs. calories burned. Good luck on your weight loss!

Telorida 05-09-2013 09:34 AM

Hi Mina!

I'm on the opposite side of DC - up 270 in Frederick. I hope your daily commute is better than mine!

I know what you mean about being surrounded by people who don't (outwardly) care about weight or fitness, or by people who seem effortlessly thin. It is impossible for them to relate to people who have been overweight their whole life.

Good for you for making it about health. If you aren't in a hurry to get to your "ultimate goal", I would strongly suggest doing a weight-lifting routine. You CAN start no matter your weight, and it will definitely improve your overall health. There is no need to wait for goal, but it will slow your progress toward goal because you will be recomposing your body in addition to shedding fat. However, you will feel better and your dimensions will change faster than the number on the scale.

Up to you - whatever you do, welcome and good luck in your journey!

Lecomtes 05-09-2013 04:51 PM

Welcome Minarenei! Like Psychic said, tracking calories is what had been working well for me so far. :) I wish you the best of luck! If you join MFP, feel free to add me. (username below). 3FC is a great place to start, this forum set me on a new path.

Mozzy 05-10-2013 12:32 PM

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!

PrettiiPisces 05-10-2013 12:35 PM

Yay you guys I'm so excited to get started I can do this We can do this...nice not to feel alone

Minarenei917 05-12-2013 09:08 PM

Thanks for all the tips guys!