Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #1  
BBP

S/C/G: 225/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Hi. Today is Day 1

Hi all,
I have been looking at this site for awhile now. I need help so thought I would give it a try. I am 53 and have gained 45 pounds in 2 years. I am very uncomfortable because most of it seems to be in my middle section. it must go. I refuse to pay $100 a week for something like Ideal Protein, so I have been researching how to do it with similar products. I found lots of tips here. Anyway, I am starting for real today, and will use this site for support.
BBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

Hi BBP, welcome!! I know how you feel with all the weight being in the middle. I'm an apple shape and over 300 lbs. I have a huge stomach. But the point is, that you and I are both doing something about it NOW.

This site definitely has a ton of tips and advice to help you be successful on your weight loss journey. You do not need "similar products". I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with the IP diet, but you can lose in other ways if its not for you! Counting calories is just one example, an easy way to lose a lb a week by just creating a 500 calorie deficit. Just reducing your intake and increasing exercise will help you see results until you define the plan that works for you along the way. Good luck!
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #3  
BBP

Default Thanks

Thanks Skettihead,
I appreciate the warm welcome. yes, I suspect the IP approach will be too severe for me, but I feel like I need some type of jump start.
How do I get the tracker into my posts?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 350/180/180 (surgery recovery)

Height: 5'9"

Hey BBP! Welcome! I am a calorie counter now, but I started my journey with "The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet" by Drs. Richard and Rachel Heller. You can buy the book on Amazon for $4 or so. It is very easy, and a good starting place for people who feel most diets are too much at one time. I used the diet as a stepping stone to get me from eating 10,000+ calories, to eventually (2 1/2 years) get to where I am now. I followed their plan for the first 1 1/2 years of my journey, and found that with the elimination of gluten, and watching my calories, a Paleo/clean eating type plan works better. But I had to fix what was broken first, my insulin levels and address my binge eating. Good luck, and let me know if I can be of any help!

Chris
ikesgirl80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBP View Post
Thanks Skettihead,
I appreciate the warm welcome. yes, I suspect the IP approach will be too severe for me, but I feel like I need some type of jump start.
How do I get the tracker into my posts?
You get the tracker from 3fc's site. You won't be able to add a signature until you've been on the forum for 2 weeks and have at least 50 posts. Once you are able to have a signature, and click edit signature, there will be a little tracker at the top which you can click and it will direct you to the tracker creator. Hope that made sense, lol
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #6  
BBP

Thanks. I did find the tracker, I did not know about the two week/50 posts part. Makes sense though...I don't have much to show for myself yet anyway. I look forward to seeing a drop in 2 weeks!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #8  
BBP

Thanks and congratulations! You have come a long way!!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #9  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 212/163.8/130

Height: 5'4

Welcome to the boards! Glad you are here! You found a wonderful place for support! Best of luck on your weight loss journey, you will do fantastic!
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote