Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #1  
NotTheLLama

S/C/G: 241/231/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Finally Ready to Change

Hi
I’ve been looking around the site for several months now. Reading success stories and looking at recipes. I have gained 100 pounds in the past 6 years and it’s time for it to go away. I finally started last week writing down what I eat every day and I decided to make a post. I started eating healthier on April 22nd and lost 6.8 pounds my first week (probably just water weight, but seeing that on the scale motivated me to keep going into this week which is the HARDEST thing for me to do – stick with something!). I've dieted off an on since I was 13. It's time to start changing habits instead!.

I’m 33 and today is my 3 year wedding anniversary. By this time next year I would like to feel confident enough in my looks to go on a vacation with my husband and not be the uncomfortable, obese lady I feel now whenever I go anywhere. My first mini-goal is 220.

My mom lives with my husband and me and unfortunately she has gained a ton of weight too. I really want to do well to show her that she, too, can lose the weight through healthier eating and exercise. (We gained it together – we need to lose it together!).

My plan is to eat less processed foods, count calories and start working out. I’ve done really well with the first two things over the first week, but working out is always tough for me. I’ve had arthritis since I was 21 and adding an extra 100 pounds to that hasn’t helped. So I plan on going slow and hopefully building up to more strenuous activities as my joints allow.

I LOVE this site and all of the motivational success stories I have read. I hope to meet some other people wanting to lose about the same amount of weight to throw the motivation back and forth with
cmh3988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #2  

Hi and wellcome.
I too have been looking for several months trying to get motivated by the success stories I read on the forum but only today I had the guts to admit I need help! I feel like it took a weight of my shoulder only by posting on here!
Goodluck
maria1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote