Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #1  

Default Well hello there!

Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker here trying to find a ‘home’ where I can get/give motivation and support.

In the last year, I’ve lost just under 60lbs and after a bout of significant stress/depression, have managed to gain 20lbs back. I need to change my direction, but more importantly, I must learn some tools for coping when life gets harder. I hope to gain that here in this community.

I find I do better when I’m connected to a community – it inspires me to be more accountable to myself, which is my ultimate goal. Right now, however, I need a little external pressure (thanks in advance!!!).

I have always had an issue with food/feeding and have a long journey ahead. I’d like to lose 60-70lbs and learn to maintain (that seems to be the hardest bit).

I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Thanks for listening!
MyPetMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #2  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

Height: 5'8"

I love browsing on here when I get bored, instead of mindlessly eating. Also, I've found that for me, joining a challenge that's for a long period of time keeps me motivated (I took March off from watching what I ate/did, and the main reason why I came back and didn't gain more was because I knew in the back of my mind that I had to keep weighing in every week and telling everyone that I hadn't lost and/or heaven forbid I gained).
I hope you find what works for you!
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #3  

Hi mccull83!

Thanks for the welcome.
Today is my first day back on the road. Late evenings have been my difficult spot as of late, so I intend on browsing the forums tonight, especially looking in the gallery for inspiration.
Joining a challenge is a great idea. Now to find one that fits!

Thanks again!
MPM
Old 04-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #4  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

Height: 5'8"

You'll notice this place gets a little slow on the weekends, but come Monday it's usually pretty lively.
Usually there's a challenge for every month and ones that have a specific end time in mind, like mother's day, 4th of July, someone's birthday, etc. (search the "chicks up for a challenge" thread for these)

I used to have a SUPER hard time with not snacking/eating too much in the evening. I've learned that depending on what I'm doing (work 13 hours, home all day but running errands, able to sleep in, etc.) that I have to stack my food in a certain way (like when I work 13 hours I eat most of my calories in the morning/afternoon and don't have a problem in the evenings, but if I'm home all day I save a good chunk of calories for evenings).
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #6  

Hi Mozzy,

Thanks for the welcome.
Love your avatar. Do you have a newfie?
I had 14 glorious years with my old girl Nike. Best friend ever.
I'm a Newfoundland enthusiast to say the least.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome MPM! You can do this!
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote