Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240 lbs

Height: 5'4"

Smile New comer: will I ever reach it?

Hello everyone I'm Maria and I'm new to this community.

I have been overweight almost all my life and when I started college 5 years ago I stepped into the obese zone reality hit me when I was in my 3rd year, I stepped into the scale and I was shocked to see the 101 kg. I tried to change and I was able to lose 18 kg by the beginning of my 4th year. Sadly I went back to my old habits until recently I reached 106 kg
My problem is that I binge eat; I stick to a healthy diet for a week and then it's like I can't hold myself, I go back and raid the fridge! I hate myself for doing that, it's like I have no control over myself
I know I've gone too far this time and I can't keep doing that to myself. I really hope this time will be THE time to really make a change, have the strength and never look back at the old me.
Maria234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #2  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

:wel3 fc::w el3fc::welcome3 :
Glad you decided to join us all here!

There is a whole bunch of information and opinions to be had here!

Buckle you seatbelt and enjoy the ride! Dieting has a lot of up and downs and you definitely will be thrown some curves!

Take an assessment of where you are. Project where you want to be !
Plan on how to get there. Reassess frequently progress and tweak as needed!

Good Luck .. try not to get hung up on the past .....It is over .
.you are where you are now...no sense in beating yourself over past mistakes....we have to let things go .....to grab on to something new!

I wish for you success ...but it takes dedication , persistence and resilience and the proper plan to make it happen!

Looking forward to following your progress,Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #3  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

I think we have all been there with starting our weight loss and then stopping shortly after. I certainly have one more than one occasion. What matters is that you still want to get back on track

Weight loss is a slow process, especially in the beginning when foods are being changed for others and the mind goes into shock 'Omg, I'm going to starve on vegetables!'. That's nothing to worry about. If you have a binge one day a week at the beginning, that's fine too. Weight loss is long-term. Weight loss is a lifetime commitment; a lifestyle change. I still cheat every so often, though I try and do it once a month.

Don't worry about the binges because it takes practice to slow them down to a 'sometimes'. What might help is to do something else if you feel a binge coming. Go for a walk or to the gym or exercise, drink water or visit a friend. If you can't help but binge, put your chips into a bowl so that you have to keep getting back up if you want more. Eventually you will find that self-control. Of course, removing all of the unhealthy foods from your fridge and swapping them with their healthier alternatives may be an option (or removing them completely if you can). I have sugar-free hot chocolate that I take when I feel a craving for chocolate

You'll do great! We all believe in you

Last edited by Rhiko; 04-14-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote