Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/309/175

Default Back again

I joined this forum maybe 5-6 years ago when I was trying to go on a diet, and the diet didn't last very long and neither did my time here!! But, I finally saw the bright healthy light of Life, so I decided to join again to be able to chat with you guys, those who know exactly what I go through on a daily basis with my weight. Here it goes...

My name is Crystal, I'll be 25 in about 3 weeks. Everyone in my immediate family is big, my dad is diabetic and my mom has high blood pressure. I had an aunt who died in 2011 at the young age of 64, she had been diabetic for over 20 years and never got her health on track. The last two years of her life were rough, she'd been going through dialysis, kidneys were giving out, liver was giving out, and by the end of her life, she'd lost both her legs. It was a horrible loss for my family, and just typing this is getting me emotional.

I've been trying to lose weight since I was a pre-teen. I even remember being a whopping TEN years old, telling my mom I was gonna lose weight. The diets always failed, because I always failed. then out of nowhere, it happened...

The first week of March of this year, it was the weekend and I was bored, so I turned on my dvd player, it's got these cool features, including Netflix! I got onto Netflix and was deciding what to watch; this documentary caught my eye: Hungry For Change. I decided to watch it, and I was enthralled in it. To sum it up quickly enough, the documentary is about how diets are meant for failure (duhh, right?), and talked about all of the sugar and salt that is in everything we eat nowadays! they also talked about juicing vegetables & fruits, and cleansing your body for 3 days, or 5, or more.

I don't know what happened but that documentary really effected me. March 5th was the day I decided I was going to check my weight, I was at work in the ladies' bathroom and used the scale... 332 was the number. I thought, okay, I figured it'd be 340-350, so this is OK.

It's been nearly 6 weeks now, and I've lost close to 25 pounds from regular exercise, cutting my sodium & sugar intake, and juicing vegetables on a daily basis! My birthday is coming up on the 8th and I'll be spending 2 days at the coast, and I'm determined to reach my first weight loss goal of 33 pounds, so I can be "under" 300! I've got 10 more pounds to lose over these next few weeks, and I KNOW I will do it!
ThreeThirtyTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

With your can do attitude, I'm sure you CAN do it. Good Luck and welcome back!!
TheWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #3  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! Although, I'm sorry for your loss. What happened to your aunt was awful

I've never been a fan of following a diet, such as weight watchers, because I knew I would be spending a whole lot of money only to be disappointed. Looking back, I was not ready to lose weight because I didn't have the right mind-set or motivation to do it, so it wasn't really failing. I do, however, have the motivation and right mind-set to see this through to the end. Maybe this has been the same as you?

Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote