Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 75-165 / 67.9 / 62-135

Default Never been fat until now, no discipline, and emotional eating

Hi there ladies,

I've never had to watch my weight until a couple of years ago.

That means I've always eaten what I wanted, and since I'm a food and especially desser lover, that means a lot of fat, a lot of sugar and a lot of the healthy rest too.

I've unfortunatly never had to acquire discipline in eating.

4 years ago I stopped smoking, and i gained a lot of weight very fast. My food consumption rose yet again because I would eat everytime I wanted to smoke.

I'm also an emotional eater. I don't binge, but i can be very voracious if i'm with stressful company for example. I also have dessert and cjocolate everytime i feel down.

To top it all off, i hate exercising, and am more of a couch potato.

Actually, the truth is that i'm always glad i exercised when i did, but its **** to get there.

I need to lose another 7 kilos, that's 15 pounds. I've already lost 6 kilos, 13 pounds with a goog healthy diet given to me by a doctor, but i'm starting to miss pasta and cheese.

I've been feeling a lot of emotional turmoil lately , and I've allowed myself more and more dessert.

I use food for pleasure, to deal with stress and to curb bad emotions.

I hope to meet lots of fantastic people on here whom i will learn from, discipline wise, and emotional management.

I can give you plenty of tips and info for those who need it, from my great doctor.

A big hug to you all.

Embracing this issue already makes me feel better about myself.

Love, lumia
Lumia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

Trust me, I know how it feels to be an emotional eater with a sweet tooth. It is not going to be easy, but you will get there!! Don't keep desserts in the house if you can't control yourself! Go out for an occasional treat. It's okay to have just don't overdo it. And forgive yourself if you mess up and start back the very next day. Rooting for you!
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

You can eat a little pasta but just don't make it your full meal. Now when I eat pasta I make sure I have it with chicken and a leafy green on the side. Also, kale is excellent to mix in with tomato sauce.

Here is a great healthy pasta recipe: http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recip...d-cannellinis/. This is a vegeatarian meal but I usually have a piece of chicken with it.

Don't deprive yourself too much because once you lose the weight and you start adding back all the foods you stopped eating its easy to loose control. It's important to learn moderation with your favorite foods while you lose weight instead of after.
PatLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote